Three people are in Calvary Hospital with what is suspected to be Death Cap mushroom poisoning, according to an article in the Canberra Times. The three claim to have eaten mushrooms purchased at Woolworths Dickson just before Easter.
ACT Health isn’t giving much away, but has confirmed all three live in the same household. Woolworths are working with ACT health on the matter but at this stage there are no other reported incidents.
All three are stable.
ACT Health has advised people suffering stomachaches, nausea, vomiting and diarrhea (who purchased and ate mushrooms from Woolworths around 17 April) seek immediate medical help.