It’s funny the things we become attached to, like cosmetics and grooming products. Working in and around the cosmetic and makeup industry for over twelve years now I’ve tried so many things and to be honest, most products, especially cosmetics don’t do what they say they will and many can be harmful (more about this in coming articles).
This week I’m sharing my top five products that actually work, and you can get them all in Canberra!
- 1. Lucas Paw Paw ointment – pick this little gem up anywhere, even the service station. This all natural Australian made ointment is one of the best beauty products out there. Use it anywhere and everywhere, face, lips, hands (makes a great cuticle treatment), feet and I’ve even used it on my dog!
2. Cetaphil gentle cleansing lotion – this gentle cleanser removes all makeup and is great for sensitive skin. Dermatologists often recommend it for psoriasis. It’s available at most chemists.
3. Swartzkopf blonde toner – I’ve used all kinds of expensive toners and this one is still the best I’ve ever tried. Costs about $13 and you can get it from places that sell hair products.
4. Clarins Beauty Flash Balm – A little more expensive at around $60 but an amazing product. Best makeup base I’ve ever used and can also be used as a pick me up mask. My tip – shop around for Clarins. Try a chemist, they have nicer staff and often better deals.
5. Napolean Cake Liner Sealer – This is the product that cosmetics companies hope you never find out about! Mix this little wonder liquid with any, that’s right ANY cheap powder eyeshadow and BAM! Instant waterproof liquid shadow, which, once dry won’t budge!! Napolean is available from the concept store in the Canberra Centre and other selected stockists.
[FashionPeacock trained in Queensland with Napolean for makeup and then worked for Clinique and Clarins for a number of years.
She works as a freelance makeup artist now and does not have any associations with any companies.
She has been in and round the cosmetic industry since 1996]