With showers forecast for the rest of the week there’s not much chance to dry out after the wet.
Territory And Municipal Services have the full list of closures current:
Motorists are reminded that the following roads remain closed as a result of rain:
• Mountain Creek Road at Uriarra
• Cotter Road is closed at Casuarina Sands (local residents will still have access)
• Tidbinbilla Road is closed at the intersection of Booroomba Road through to Paddys River Road
• Corin Road at the intersection with Paddys River Road
• Paddys River Road (local residents will still have access)
• Naas Road, closed one kilometre south of Tharwa (this includes the Naas Road bridge over the Gudgenby River which has been damaged)
• Boboyan Road
• Apollo Road
• Bendora Dam Road
• Orroral Valley Road
• Brindabella Road at the start of the dirt section to the NSW border
• Mount Franklin Road
• Molonglo Gorge Road
• All roads within the Namadgi National Park.
Weekly NewsletterEvery Thursday afternoon, we package up the most-read and trending RiotACT stories of the past seven days and deliver straight to your inbox..
Motorists are advised to use caution when driving city bound on the Barton Highway between Gold Creek Road and Gundaroo Drive.
The public is also advised that following crossings and bridges remain closed:
• Cotter Bridge (local residents will still have access)
• Naas Road bridge on Naas Road
• Uriarra Crossing
• Swamp Creek Crossing
• Coppins Crossing
• Point Hut Crossing
• Oaks Estate Crossing
• Sunshine Crossing
• Angle Crossing
• Smiths Road Bridge
• Paddys River Road crossing at Congwarra, approximately 200 metres past Discovery Drive.The public is also advised that several park and recreation areas remain closed, including:
• Tidbinbilla Nature Reserve
• Googong Foreshores
• Pine Island recreation area
• Point Hut Crossing recreation area
• Kambah Pool recreation area
• Uriarra Crossing East and West recreation areas
• walking tracks and recreation areas below the Cotter Dam
• the National Arboretum
• Molonglo Gorge
• Woods Reserve
• all forest areas.
People are urged to respect the closures have been sign-posted.
For up-to-date information on closures please call Canberra Connect on 13 22 81.
UPDATE 06/03/12 4:52: And the latest update has the Googong Foreshore re-opening tomorrow.