Tuggeranong Hyperdome scammy ‘Shop, Play, Win’ promotion

Esmeralda 21 February 2013 26

I have just complained to Tuggeranong Hyperdome about their scammy promotion – ‘SHOP, PLAY, WIN.’

I was given a ticket in it on Monday because I spent over $60 at a shop there, so went in today to claim my prize only to be told you had to bring your receipt and you had to claim your prize on the day of purchase.

I pointed out that nowhere on the ticket did it say anything about that and the guy said ‘you have to read the terms & conditions’ …so I asked ‘where are they’ and he replied ‘in my desk drawer’ !!!

I rang the ACT Govt office of promotions & raffles compliance section – they were lovely and take it very seriously! I have scanned in the ticket & emailed it to them….

What’s Your opinion?

26 Responses to
Tuggeranong Hyperdome scammy ‘Shop, Play, Win’ promotion
Showing only Website comments
Newest to Oldest
Oldest to Newest
candelabra 12:51 pm 03 Mar 13

In my desk drawer LOL. They should make the terms and conditions easy to find so everything is above board, I respect that.

CapitalK 10:24 am 22 Feb 13

miz said :

Dear How Canberran, a polite request – I for one would be grateful if you stopped ending every one of your posts with ‘How Canberran’ . . . we already see the phrase in the name part of your post, and it is getting ever so slightly annoying, which detracts from the substance of your actual posts. Just a suggestion.

You’re kidding right?
CapitalK…
NB see how it’s not as punchy as a name that is also a phrase, which by the way I dislike but thats my opinion and How Canberran is allowed to express an opinion too

Chop71 10:01 am 22 Feb 13

High Court

“it’s the vibe of the thing”

Robertson 9:42 am 22 Feb 13

eyeLikeCarrots said :

Chop71 said :

I think you should take this to your local MLA or the lord mayor.

No, this requires Constitutional action!

Finally! A use for the ACT Human Rights Commission!

Grimm 9:29 am 22 Feb 13

thebrownstreak69 said :

They never have terms and conditions for northside based competitions. No-one there can read.

Pipe down, Shelbyville.

thebrownstreak69 9:06 am 22 Feb 13

How_Canberran said :

This would never happen on the northside!

How Canberran.

eyeLikeCarrots 8:59 am 22 Feb 13

Chop71 said :

I think you should take this to your local MLA or the lord mayor.

No, this requires Constitutional action!

miz 7:41 am 22 Feb 13

gooterz 11:39 pm 21 Feb 13

dks00k said :

Doesn’t look like there is any mention of having to claim on the day of purchase.

Cops like to deal with fraud too, just look at Thompson.

I’d be writing to the large chequebooks of whomever is running the hyper’d and asking for proper compensation. Fraud by a shopping centre would be national news and not all publicity is good publicity.

dks00k 7:10 pm 21 Feb 13

Hi

The Terms and Conditions are on the web somewhere although you will be hard pressed finding them on the Hyperdome website. I recall getting spammed with email about that competition a week of so back. At any rate here they are….

Pork Hunt 5:04 pm 21 Feb 13

Madam Cholet said :

The ACT Govt office of promotions & raffles compliance section

No wonder the ACT budget is in deficit if we are funding offices that take care of raffles. Are competition scams rife enough in the ACT to employ a whole office? I’d like to work there cos I bet you get a magnifying glass, deerstalker and curly pipe with which to undertake your very serious job.

So all promotion style contests when you buy all manner of goods from chocolate bars to motor cars should be an unregulated/ uncontrolled free for all?

Ben_Dover 5:02 pm 21 Feb 13

Well some bungee jump, some skydive, some rock-climb, some free dive. We all get our life thrills in one way or another, you old adrealine junkie you…

How_Canberran 4:17 pm 21 Feb 13

This would never happen on the northside!

How Canberran.

cross 4:10 pm 21 Feb 13

Good on you , more people should take these bastards to task.today a raffle ticket, tomorrow? who knows what.

Madman 3:58 pm 21 Feb 13

Madam Cholet said :

The ACT Govt office of promotions & raffles compliance section

They charge fees which are a certain percentage to the prizes and monitor to ensure that people aren’t being ripped off.
I wouldn’t be surprised if the funds they charge for raffles and lotto and prizes wouldn’t fund their department.

They’re there so me as a business can’t say – come to my business and every 1 in 5 will win a prize but there is no prize at all.

460cixy 3:25 pm 21 Feb 13

Big whoop

Madam Cholet 3:24 pm 21 Feb 13

The ACT Govt office of promotions & raffles compliance section

Grimm 3:19 pm 21 Feb 13

Surely a job for batman. You didn’t get your free s*** worth 2 bucks. Seems worth all the effort.

golden_youth 3:14 pm 21 Feb 13

WHAT A BLOODY OUTRAGE!

Chop71 3:02 pm 21 Feb 13

I think you should take this to your local MLA or the lord mayor.

Copyright © 2019 Region Group Pty Ltd. All rights reserved.