A white Holden Rodeo utility crashed into the Gladstone St, Fyshwick offices of tech2home in the early hours of this morning before a fire gutted the unit.
An emergency services spokesperson said the ute crash was believed to have caused the fire.
Tech2home is a Sydney-headquartered company majority owned by iiNet. It provides services such as the installation and service of antennae, home theatre set-up and in-home and remote computer/tablet support.
Weekly NewsletterEvery Thursday afternoon, we package up the most-read and trending RiotACT stories of the past seven days and deliver straight to your inbox..
ACT Fire & Rescue crews were alerted to the incident in Koala Court (151-155 Gladstone Street) at 3.21am and responded with three fire pumpers, the Bronto aerial appliance, a hazmat unit and breathing apparatus support.
Firefighters were unable to gain access to the vehicle or the building until the fire was brought under control. They were initially concerned that one or more people may have been trapped by the flames, but once the fire was out were able to confirm no one had been caught up in the blaze.
Damage was contained to the single tenancy, and shocked neighbours were beginning to arrive for work when the RiotACT attended the scene at around 6.30am.
Police have cordoned off the area and investigations into the incident continue.