Venue Hire – Halls & Non-Licenced

lexrosy 8 January 2013 2

Hi all,

I am organising a welcome home party for a friend that has been studying overseas. We’re looking to have 30-40 guests, and want to provide our own food and alcohol.

For this reason, I’m looking at a venue that is not licensed (so we can provide our own alcohol). I’ve looked into the Yarralumla Woolshed, and the Yarralumla Sea Scout Hall, as well as Corroboree Park in Ainslie.

Does anyone know of any other venues that might work? I’d especially like something with an outside aspect (e.g. in a park, or something…)

Thanks for any advice!

What's Your Opinion?

Please login to post your comments, or connect with
2 Responses to Venue Hire – Halls & Non-Licenced
lucym lucym 10:42 pm 09 Jan 13

There is a nice sea scout hall on Lake Ginninderra and the Belconnen Arts Centre ( is great and also on Lake Ginninderra. What about any of the public areas around the lakes (Weston Creek, Black Mountain etc)?

Madam Cholet Madam Cholet 10:18 am 08 Jan 13

Depends where you are located I suppose. Communities@work have some great locations. One is on lake Tuggers and the other in Bonython. Both have good kitchen facilities and outside areas. I used the Bonython one for my birthday recently.

CBR Tweets

Sign up to our newsletter

Region Group Pty Ltd

Search across the site