Firefighters have extinguished a fire within a laundry in Waramanga tonight.
The ACT Fire Brigade was called to the Woralul Street property at 7:40pm after an emergency triple zero (000) call.
The brigade responded with four appliances.
Firefighters are started ventilating the property of smoke.
Weekly NewsletterEvery Thursday afternoon, we package up the most-read and trending RiotACT stories of the past seven days and deliver straight to your inbox..
8:09pm Tuesday 25 October 2011
The fire was contained to the laundry of the three bedroom home.
The four occupants at home at the time safely evacuated and raised the alarm.
The laundry has sustained fire damage while the rest of the property has been filled with smoke.
Initial investigations indicate the fire started in an operating dryer.
8:26pm Tuesday 25 October 2011