Water use blows out on the first day back at work?

johnboy 6 January 2009 39

ACTEW is reporting that with Canberrans returning to work yesterday water use blew out to 160ML over our target of 139ML.

This is from the Sunday usage of 136ML.

So it’s domestic water use that’s the problem? Seems unlikely.

39 Responses to Water use blows out on the first day back at work?
peterh peterh 3:42 pm 06 Jan 09

sepi said :

Office aircon coming back on?

I wish. still 27c inside.

sepi sepi 3:34 pm 06 Jan 09

Office aircon coming back on?

Danman Danman 3:14 pm 06 Jan 09

That was a quick guestimate based on 420km per 65 L – 92 EB falcon thats seen lots of better days.

I dont so much pee on the way home, more sweating as I mentioned earlier, so unless I can come to your house and roll around in the dirt at the base of your lemon tree, then it would be pretty futile 🙂

Probably come in closer to 13L/100Km – based on 420km per 55L (Filling up with 10L left in the tank)

Thats still alot for a straight 6 (Not sure on the capacity, is it 4.2L)
Anywho… water….I drank my share yesterday..

VYBerlinaV8_the_one_they_all_copy VYBerlinaV8_the_one_they_all_copy 2:14 pm 06 Jan 09

Any chance you could ride to my house and help with my lemon tree…?

15l/100km – sheesh, that’s more than my V8 uses!

Good on you for enjoying a ride, I say.

Danman Danman 2:11 pm 06 Jan 09

I sweat copious amounts whilst riding 16km in +30 degrees – especially with a backpack on and going up that pr1ck of a hill on (the bike path to the side of) Gunghalin drive entering Gunghalin from an easterly direction.

I Drink about 1L of water on the way home, thats about 1.5 L less than my car…so dont get all green on me 🙂

Current calculations indicate that the falco (EB) does about 15L/100km so better for my pocket to ride 3x a week 🙂

peterh peterh 1:48 pm 06 Jan 09

VYBerlinaV8_the_one_they_all_copy said :

Wow, I hadn’t thought of that. I guess it’s too much to ask that he rides home through a lemon tree orchard…?

and more coke to clean out of the keyboard.

good job i don’t use water…

VYBerlinaV8_the_one_they_all_copy VYBerlinaV8_the_one_they_all_copy 1:42 pm 06 Jan 09

peterh peterh 1:38 pm 06 Jan 09

VYBerlinaV8_the_one_they_all_copy said :

Wow, how many times did you stop to take a leak?

what makes you think he stopped?

VYBerlinaV8_the_one_they_all_copy VYBerlinaV8_the_one_they_all_copy 1:36 pm 06 Jan 09

Wow, how many times did you stop to take a leak?

Holden Caulfield Holden Caulfield 1:36 pm 06 Jan 09

Danman said :

I rode home in 32 degrees, was not as bad as I thought, but due to heat I doubled my water intake home and still lost 3kg of fluid between work and home (16km)

I drove home, by myself, in climate controlled comfort. Water use is a serious issue, might I suggest that you do your bit for the environment and drive to work in future.

Danman Danman 1:29 pm 06 Jan 09

We use waterless urinals.

Perhaps it was on account of it being bloody hot yesterday.

VYBerlinaV8_the_one_they_all_copy VYBerlinaV8_the_one_they_all_copy 1:25 pm 06 Jan 09

It was the thousands of piss troughs in office dunnies that flush every 2 mins regardless of whether or not they’ve been used.

neanderthalsis neanderthalsis 1:11 pm 06 Jan 09

It was the thousands of zip boil water heaters that refilled and started heating at 9:00am monday morning that accounted for the spike; all those Pubes having their morning fix of International Roast…

Holden Caulfield Holden Caulfield 12:55 pm 06 Jan 09

Oops, it’s all my fault. I left the soaker hose on a bit too long last night. Sorry, it won’t happen again.

peterh peterh 12:54 pm 06 Jan 09

ant said :

Might be the hot weather, people watering their plants more? People washing their cars on returning from holidays?

or filling the bath with cold, cold water and having a soak?

not me, though, I just camped out in the lounge room in an attempt to get cool.

54-11 54-11 12:50 pm 06 Jan 09

I sometimes wonder just how accurate these measures are.

ant ant 12:43 pm 06 Jan 09

Deano Deano 12:35 pm 06 Jan 09

A water usage audit of our house revealed that our old washing machine was responsible for nearly half of our water usage, including watering the garden. Replacing it with a modern water efficient front loader resulted in our water consumption dropping significantly.

So if families returned from their holiday at the coast on Sunday and mum did the washing on Monday, water usage would spike.

niftydog niftydog 12:34 pm 06 Jan 09

Everybody stood in the shower for an extra 20 mins wishing they didn’t have to go back to work?

Region Group Pty Ltd