ACT Fire & Rescue currently on scene at Ian Nicol street, Watson following a fire in a two storey unit.
Crews forced entry to the residence to find the stove alight in the kitchen. No one home at the time of the fire and no food was cooking on the stove.
Fire has been extinguished and crews are currently ventilating the unit.
A dog was rescued by ACT Fire & Rescue from the balcony.
Weekly NewsletterEvery Thursday afternoon, we package up the most-read and trending RiotACT stories of the past seven days and deliver straight to your inbox..
Update to follow.
Crews have completed ventilation operations.
Routine fire cause determination will be carried out.