johnboy 4 May 2012 83

screenshot

Anyone with a vaguely worthwhile life would most likely have been blissfully ignorant of the existence of Ajay Rochester, a strange loud orange-skinned blonde-haired woman best known for pleading guilty to welfare fraud and reality TV weight loss perennial status.

But last night she and her friend Mardi Croke of Queanbeyan kicked off a sustained half hour kicking of Canberra on international television.

And to follow up what is beginning to look suspiciously like a well-orchestrated Ajay Rochester publicity campaign she’s now blogged what she really thinks about people us:

Here’s my comment: Canberra get a life, get over yourselves, get a sense of humor and hey, at least people are talking about you – which they weren’t last week. If you can’t see that it was a spontaneous, spur of the moment comedy banter with the man who WILL succeed David Letterman then you are even dumber and more backwater bred than I thought just one day ago. I wasn’t aware that Canberra was governed by a communist doctrine denying anyone the right to his or her own opinion.

The fact that this has become news just PROVES how quiet Canberra really is (cue the crickets), because the news here in LA is the poor economy that just can’t seem to recover, earthquakes happening around the world and if LA will be next, a shooting at USC, the tragic shooting of Trayvon Martin and the possible arrest of the man who has had nearly 2 months of freedom after committing what will surely amount to a murder charge and whether or not Obama will serve another term. Canberra who? Where? What????

Seriously, I’ve been to Canberra quite a few times and it has some excellent qualities. I remember with great fondness my friend hanging from the Freefall exhibit at Questacon, the science museum and me almost peeing my pants as she hung there refusing to let got for about ten minutes while a line of disgruntled children chanted for her to please just let go….that was a highlight. I remember loving Canberra’s greatest ever talent, David Branson, like no other man in my life, may he rest in peace. I also remember with fondness the exit sign at the freeway heading back to Sydney, my own very much loved home.

Canberra, I’m sure you could don your white sheets and run me, Guy Pearce, Craig Ferguson and Mardi out of your town the next time we are there, but really, if you REALLY want to look like the sophisticated town you CLAIM/ want to be, then see this for what it is – a brief moment in time where a tired old cliché that Canberra is boring was used to make JOKES! That’s all, along with “my wife” and “knock knock” jokes. Have a little class and laugh at yourself because no one likes to be dictated to, least of all the American people – the majority of who watched the show that went to air.

And in finishing I would like to quote from a great comment I read on the internet earlier today, ” Someone should put a fence around Canberra and let The Hunger Games begin!”

Let’s not make a Black Mountain Tower out of a toothpick!

Thank you and good night!

Having lived in London and spent a bit of time in many other major cityies I really can’t see any of them laughing this stuff off.

Heck if you’d substituted “Beijing” for “Canberra” the US embassy would have burned down by now.

83 Responses to Welfare fraudster and weight loss reality tv star shares her further thoughts on Canberra
Erg0 Erg0 9:51 am 13 Apr 12

I really do feel stupider for having read that.

I can only assume that the “communist” malapropism is an attempt to appeal to the American market?

neanderthalsis neanderthalsis 9:49 am 13 Apr 12

poetix said :

The blog is just wonderful. She describes herself as ‘…apassionate (sic) advocate for self love and transformation…’ and finishes her bio with the modest ‘(s)tay tuned for this meteoric star to rise even further than she already has.’ Which is astronomically interesting. Did Ajay originally stand for A Joke?

Most teenage boys are passionate advocates for self love too. In fact, there is a great song about self love and transformation that I think applies to Ajay

Thumper said :

I-filed said :

Ajay claims in her rant to have been a lover of Canberra’s David Branson … who, it must be said, was anything but averse to Rubenesque ladies …

“Rubenesque”.

Well played sir.

I think Ajay is more Rodinesque than Rubenesque.

Jim Jones Jim Jones 9:48 am 13 Apr 12

Thumper said :

I-filed said :

“Rubenesque”.

Well played sir.

Rubenesque is Italian for ‘finds it difficult to buy a business shirt’.

EvanJames EvanJames 9:47 am 13 Apr 12

It’s notable how bogans will bag something (and let’s face it, bogans regard bagging something as normal conversation), and when the subjects of the bagging object (usually with greater erudition than that employed by the bogan), the bogan becomes apoplectic with rage because they didn’t realise it was a JOKE. And being a JOKE it was all OK.

It’s like putting “no offence” in front of an offensive statement, it’s OK, OK?

Meanwhile, the bogan is quite contented with this situation. She has been on TV. She has a website. Everyone is talking about her. She’s FAMOUS. She has achieved the top level of Maslow’s heirarchy.

niftydog niftydog 9:40 am 13 Apr 12

…the man who WILL succeed David Letterman…

Lets see now… boorish, unfunny and arrogant host with a coached crowd pretending to enjoy the inane banter and tired jokes of an ancient talk show format.

Yes, he should be perfect for the job!

BimboGeek BimboGeek 9:33 am 13 Apr 12

no idea who this is… but I’m not looking forward to finding out!

Thumper Thumper 8:59 am 13 Apr 12

I-filed said :

“Rubenesque”.

Well played sir.

poetix poetix 8:40 am 13 Apr 12

joeyjojojuniorshabadoo joeyjojojuniorshabadoo 8:27 am 13 Apr 12

LOL, Canberrans got butthurt because a Z grade celeb espoused a few painful truths about their town.

milkman milkman 8:02 am 13 Apr 12

What I want to know is how Mardi got on TV.

steveu steveu 6:45 am 13 Apr 12

Im with you JB. Sooo sick of Canberra bashing, and the usual ignorant chants of people saying ‘those bloody politicians who live in canberra’…clueless idiots.

geetee geetee 11:52 pm 12 Apr 12

p1 said :

What is a “my wife” joke?

My wife Ajay is so fat that when she lays on the beach people try to roll her back into the water. 🙂

RugbyWhat RugbyWhat 10:42 pm 12 Apr 12

Is “the man (Craig Furguson) who WILL succeed David Letterman” like how Conan O’Brien succeeded Jay Leno?

LSWCHP LSWCHP 9:49 pm 12 Apr 12

Northsidechick said :

Wow, she’s spiteful and nasty. I’m glad she doesn’t like Canberra – that means she won’t come back.

Just to expand on this theme a little…

If an orange-skinned ooma-loompa lady bags our lovely city in this manner, then similar creatures who reside elsewhere and base their life-choices on late night TV comedy shows may well decide to stay away. It’s even possible that those of that inclination who live here now may choose to leave!

The likely consequence of this is that all sorts of other well known social ills associated with people like this (eg drunken assaults in Civic) will diminish as a result of these folks either failing to present or departing.

What appears at first glance to be a nasty little nobody getting some lowbrow laughs at our expense may well be quite beneficial in the long term.

harvyk1 harvyk1 9:38 pm 12 Apr 12

Ajay’s response is pretty nasty, but then again I’ve always assumed she was a small pathetic person, to me this just confirms it. However the video itself was no where near as bad as I was expecting.

Yes, it did paint a picture of our city in a negative light, but no worse than the daily tele or news.com.au attempts to do from time to time.

taninaus taninaus 9:36 pm 12 Apr 12

A wanna be has been in search of a headline! nuff said

eh_steve eh_steve 9:10 pm 12 Apr 12

Just ask Channel 10 what they think of Ajay Rochester, it’s fair to say that there are those in the industry that have none too high an opinion of her and would be reluctant to provide her with any future employment.

Got to admire to the attempt to ride on the coat tails of something her friend from Queanbeyan, must make her feel good about things!

dpm dpm 8:45 pm 12 Apr 12

I do find the whole thing funny and really couldn’t care less about how much Canberra gets bagged. But I do find it funny that she has a ~4 para explanation about how it was a JOKE, and we should relax. Yet she still manages to throw in a few insults (‘dumber and more backwater bred than I thought you were a day ago’?, hunger games quote, etc…).
But I suppose they were jokes too, and her real opinion of the place is that it is ‘OK’….?? Hahahaha!
I say, she may as well just say what she really thinks and not (poorly) pretend it was all a joke. Bring it on AJ! 🙂

MariaC MariaC 8:44 pm 12 Apr 12

Don’t most people get upset when their city is abused? I haven’t seen it, and I’m not upset over it. But I remember when Jerry Seinfeld visited Melbourne years ago and turned up his nose, people went off their heads. That made the local news there, so I’m not surprised that this would here. Of course no one’s talking about it in LA, why would they?!

And I love how she refers to Craig Ferguson like he’s like the heir apparent to some all important throne. It’s just late night comedy, Ajay. I like the guy, but come on.

I-filed I-filed 8:30 pm 12 Apr 12