What is the Police operation on Wentworth Ave?

By PBO 10 December 2009 25

Does anyone know why there is a very apparent surveillance operation going on near Wentworth Ave and Cunningham St?

What’s Your opinion?

25 Responses to
What is the Police operation on Wentworth Ave?
Showing only Website comments
Newest to Oldest
Oldest to Newest
Holden Caulfield 11:17 pm 01 Jul 10

Devil_n_Disquiz said :

Julia Gillard lives down that way during sitting weeks. When Krudd is OS and she is acting PM she gets the Diplomatic Protection, hence that big red car with one of the wiggles in it.

I came back to this thread to post this update, but it seems I just a wee bit late! Ch10 news showed some footage of the intersection referred to in this thread in their bulletin tonight. They also showed the caravan from the other RA story:

I drive down Wentworth Ave most days to and from work and have noticed a couple of AFP cars have been back on duty this last week.

icantbelieveitsnotbutter 10:13 am 14 Dec 09

Haven’t seen the cops of late… but fear not, I’m back on the case this week. I’ll take a pot of freshly brewed coffee with me in case I get into trouble… oh, and the doughnuts

p1 6:32 pm 11 Dec 09

Mordd said :

Lol great idea icantbelieveitsnotbutter, after all both the Feds and APS officers love being disturbed during their jobs by some random person asking them WTF are they doing sitting there. You will be lucky if you get away with nothing more than a warning lol, especially if it is APS.

Are you for real? Do you really think that asking what’s going on is grounds for a warning? For what, “curiosity with intent?” While they might well not tell you anything, I would expect them to be polite about it.

Tooks 12:34 pm 11 Dec 09

Doughnut jokes never get old. Each is funnier than the last.

Rad Dave 11:50 am 11 Dec 09

Scoring?

Weaselburger 7:55 am 11 Dec 09

If you want info you’ll probably have to bribe them with a flask of coffee and a box of Krispy Kremes

Ceej1973 5:16 am 11 Dec 09

Wow. Incredible all this Police bashing by Public Servant Riotors between the hours of 10.20 and 17.00.

cranky 8:25 pm 10 Dec 09

Ah, Dad’s Army / Cut Lunch Commandos.

Been a source of amusement in this town for at least 40 years, in their various guises.

s-s-a 8:01 pm 10 Dec 09

hence that big red car with one of the wiggles in it

ROFL!!!

Mordd 7:15 pm 10 Dec 09

icantbelieveitsnotbutter 5:36 pm 10 Dec 09

I work next to that intersection… wtf is going on? If I see them there tomorrow, i’m knocking on the car window

Chop71 5:11 pm 10 Dec 09

eating donuts?

Devil_n_Disquiz 4:35 pm 10 Dec 09

p1 3:38 pm 10 Dec 09

Ozi said :

If it is a red car, it is Protective Service, most likely baby sitting a Diplomat. If it was an actual surveillance op you wouldn’t know.

Unless that is what they want you to think, and it is a very careful double camouflage. 🙂

Ozi 2:20 pm 10 Dec 09

razzle 12:59 pm 10 Dec 09

AFP car, and they’ve been doing this for a month or so at least.

PBO 12:52 pm 10 Dec 09

dr phil said :

PBO said :

Freaky, I chose not to post this many days ago.

so did you find out what its was then?

I was told Diplomats, most likely is. Not really that exiting

grundy said :

Huh? Are you talking to yourself PBO?

I did that once but it turned into such a heated discussion that i was beside myself with anger. I havent spoken to myself since……

pptvb 12:19 pm 10 Dec 09

AFP car or Police car?

Eyeball In A Quart Jar Of Snot 11:57 am 10 Dec 09

It appears to be the Feds from up the road. Glorified security guards.

They’re probably just watching over a diplomat.

sbugden 11:17 am 10 Dec 09

I have noticed it there 6 times in the past 3 weeks a red AFP car with 1 officer sitting in it. I have seen it there from 08.00 and returned at 17.30 and it was still there just pointing towards the units on the right.

Copyright © 2019 Region Group Pty Ltd. All rights reserved.