What was happening in Civic on City Walk today?

lisagrace 25 June 2008 30

I was coming back from a lovely walk around the lake at about 1pm today when I saw that there were lots of police (atleast 20) that were standing around and had roped off a whole section of City Walk (between Akuna street and the water fountain).

I couldn’t see anything obvious …. but does anyone else know what was happening?

30 Responses to What was happening in Civic on City Walk today?
Deadmandrinking Deadmandrinking 8:40 pm 26 Jun 08

Where was the plane going?

fabforty fabforty 6:59 pm 26 Jun 08

*LOL* Welcome to RiotACT LisaGrace.

Always make a post with low expectations on the quality of reply. You will either be pleasantly surprised or come away with a warm feeling of knowing you were right not to expect much.

Snahons_scv6_berlina Snahons_scv6_berlina 1:38 pm 26 Jun 08

ahh its good to see vg back to his insightful and helpful self 🙂

Danman Danman 11:11 am 26 Jun 08

Welcome to RiotACT…

I know what happened that day, a whole bunch of people going about their own business.

vg vg 10:53 am 26 Jun 08

lisagrace said :

thank you to those of you who answered my question, thats all I wanted.

To everyone else, whats the problem? I was interested to know what was going on and I knew that if I asked here someone would know. There have been lots of posts similar to mine in the past, so why is this one such a problem?

Here’s a revelation Lisa.

62567777. That’s the Police number. 131444 the Police Attendance Line. Why don’t you ring them and ask. If they won’t tell you then it doesn’t concern you.

I saw a plane flying overhead today. What the hell was going on with that? Who were they, where were they going? I MUST KNOW!

Dante Dante 9:47 am 26 Jun 08

I know what’s going on… Canberra is full of wankers (myself probably included).

shanefos shanefos 9:30 am 26 Jun 08

lisagrace said :

thank you to those of you who answered my question, thats all I wanted.

I hear you, lisagrace!
I posted a similar thread last week about something that was going on in Civic and instead of any constructive comments, the thread degenerated into a juvenile name-calling waste of time which ended up being closed down by the moderators.
I still don’t know what was going on….

lisagrace lisagrace 9:24 am 26 Jun 08

thank you to those of you who answered my question, thats all I wanted.

Special G Special G 7:08 am 26 Jun 08

Mods, I think we need a new category of post titled – What the?

Headbonius Headbonius 6:04 am 26 Jun 08

Ant, once again you show our senior citizens have a sense of humour. An extra arrowroot biscuit for you with your warm milk this afternoon.

DJ DJ 12:37 am 26 Jun 08

Civicgate 2008…. the truth is out there….

smack smack 9:55 pm 25 Jun 08

I saw a Police car driving on Northbourne Avenue, does anybody know why it was there and what was going on?

vg vg 9:44 pm 25 Jun 08

Today I bought a cup of coffee

bd84 bd84 9:27 pm 25 Jun 08

nobody has mentioned the donut convention yet?!

people are too stupid these days, everytime a forgetful person leaves their shopping somewhere someone calls every emergency service they can think of, go pick up the package and have a look to see what it is geez.

ant ant 9:17 pm 25 Jun 08
Headbonius Headbonius 8:22 pm 25 Jun 08

Look, there’s Superman!

Geoffco Geoffco 6:35 pm 25 Jun 08

Suspicious package.

mickeymouse mickeymouse 3:46 pm 25 Jun 08

The suspicious package/bomb scare story sounds a lot more plausible than the rumours of a bank robbery at the Bank of Queensland to me. Of course, I could be wrong…

lachsrc lachsrc 3:34 pm 25 Jun 08

Suspicious package at NRMA shopfront.

OzChick OzChick 3:34 pm 25 Jun 08

There was a protest against the building of a Gas plant and there was a bomb scare somewhere in the City too…