Who do you think killed Colin Winchester?

johnboy 28 September 2009 63

The recent news that David Eastman has been returned to Canberra (by a NSW Corrections system that is very happy to see the back of him) revived interest in the crime for which he was convicted, the murder of Colin Winchester.

Despite the constabulary getting very angry when the subject is brought up there remains a persistent belief in sections of the community that Eastman was just a nutter set up for the murder by either the mafia or corrupt police.

So let’s have a look at what the poll numbers say.

I believe that Colin Winchester was murdered by

View Results

Loading ... Loading ...

63 Responses to Who do you think killed Colin Winchester?
Thumper Thumper 6:34 pm 29 Aug 09

Err.. Shocked… And stunned….

In fact, shocked and stunned.

vg vg 6:05 pm 29 Aug 09

That is pure bollocks. he has been represented throughout his proceedings. Sacked plenty on the way but at various stages represented by high level silks.

If you actually know what evidence was presented in the Court, not base it on innuendo or what you read in the CT, your picture would be clearer. A lot of comment being made on this by people who know 2/5ths of f all about it, or were in high/primary school when it all happened and was prosecuted.

It’s easy to get acquitted in the ACT. When someone gets convicted of a crime as grave as this it actually says something about the evidence, and how the judge treated it. Guilty and a life sentence, where he should be

I-filed I-filed 5:53 pm 29 Aug 09

Marselos may not be talking through his hat. There is a particular shady retired senior Canberran, not a former direct employee of the AFP but a former employee of a related govt organisation, whose daughter heard snippets over the years, which she reported to close friends as she grew older and understood the implications more. One of the “snippets” was that her dad, and his equivalents in the AFP, know and have always known the identity of Donald McKay’s murderer.

Eastman may well be a hideous character, but he may well have been framed.

Anyone who knows the story of NSW Inc and the extent of the corruption, and things like the murder of Warren LanFranchi by Roger Rogerson, and the later murder of Sally-Anne Huckstepp, would not think it’s farfetched to report that the AFP, too, were utterly complicit in the Griffith drug trade and many other criminal activities, and happily framed Eastman.

Clown Killer Clown Killer 5:40 pm 29 Aug 09

Without wanting to buy into the whole debate – I do recall some reporting on the judgement in our esteemed local rag, the crux of which was that the judge made a number of comments relating to the shambolic nature of Eastman’s defence, that could be interpreted as an observation that had he not chosen to defend himself, a rather diferent outcome may have been possible.

vg vg 4:27 pm 29 Aug 09

“Who do you think killed Colin Winchester?”

David Harold Eastman…..and the judge thought it as well.

That’s all folks

Tooks Tooks 11:24 am 01 Aug 09

Back on your meds, Mr Marselos.

ant ant 11:13 am 01 Aug 09

Wow…

david marselos david marselos 12:50 am 01 Aug 09

Colin Winchester was murdered soon after a friend of mine told him about the police in their area dealing drugs which had destroyed her daughters life, he said he would investigate her allegations but was murdered.

My friend Alan Downie was murdered after he named the 2 police officers who supplied drugs to the dealer in NSW who he and friends drugged up, gang raped and murdered 17 yo Alison Newstead, Alan said they would never be charged because they sell drugs for the pigs, so farher murder remains unresolved even though the police know who murdered her as they may have supplied the drugs injected into her.

My friend Charlene Drayton was abducted by 2 police officers and gang raped when she was 15 yo, they told her they would kill her if she told anyone, she was murdered soon after telling myself and a few close friends.

The police involved in these crimes are still free to murder other people as our goverment protects corrupt police even allowing them to investiage and cover up their own crimes.

Who murdered Winchester, Downie, Drayton, Newstead as the corroner covered up Downie and Drayton murders when evidence was supplied to them they said they would investigate.

I have had bulletts fired through my house after I had all the headsof the police put into the PIC over using 12 yo girls as child prostitutes, these crimes were caught on video and covered up by the authorities the PIC claiming its normal good police work for police to use deceit when sent video evidence of these crimes.

How can anyone trust police investigate other police when they don’t even class the drugging up and gang raping of 12 yo girls as a crime but normal good police work…can supply the PIC and the corroners response to back up my allegations.

I beleive the police had a much bigger motive to murder Winchester then Eastman as Winchester was investigating their multi million dollar drug traffiking organizations run by the police, some of these police are still involved in organized crime and are still threatening to jail me if I try and bring my evidence to court against them, the UN got rid of Costa, Watkins and Iemma 1 month after sending a 15 page afidavit to the UN in August 2008, can send anyone a copy of this affidavitt if they requiest it…thank you David Marselos

Spideydog Spideydog 9:45 pm 01 Jun 09

lol

ant ant 9:25 pm 01 Jun 09

I’m not sure that the homeless men (the ones on the street) hang out together much, unless someone makes them. IN Civic, there was Mr Cardboard, and Mr Cigarette Butts (he usually had a sleeping bag). I’m pretty sure they weren’t friends. Mr Cardboard was usually fighting with his imaginary friend.

Spideydog Spideydog 12:13 am 01 Jun 09

puzzlepunk said :

I recall as a youngin of almost legal drinking age, that my mates and myself during our late night escapades avoiding parents and police alike, we would often run into; to put it lightly, toothless, rambling, homeless, insane, mad men who may or may not have had a drop to drink. Now these men would often regale us with the “truth” about the Winchester murder, and list names, dates, motives, alibis and other forms of evidence that proved Eastman was being framed by the police and also ask us for any spare cigarettes.

only being 16-17 I didn’t know much about the court case or the circumstances of the murder, but if I’ve learnt anything from movies is that if a bunch of homeless weirdo’s all share the same secret then it must be true.

LOL

Defence lawyer: “Your honour, I would like to call an expert witness please?”

Judge: “Who is your witness?”

Defence lawyer: “I have a homeless man here you Honour. He has been sitting around with other homeless men, drinking themselves into a stuper and they have all come to the same conclusion and have the answer to this conspiracy theory. Incidentally, your honour, they also know who killed JFK if your interested ?”

Next – Hobopedia, the definitive replacement for wikipedia, online soon……

puzzlepunk puzzlepunk 9:43 pm 31 May 09

Holden Caulfield Holden Caulfield 5:56 pm 31 May 09

He wore a funny hat. He must have done it.

andy pandy andy pandy 1:04 pm 31 May 09

He lived in jerilderie court, one block up ainslie ave from argyle square/apartments.

Skidd Marx Skidd Marx 12:10 pm 31 May 09

Toots dunnit.

ant ant 11:37 am 31 May 09

shauno said :

At the early stages of his trial when he was still on bail he use to walk past the Canberra Centre up the road going to his house in Reid or where ever it was and the Security guards use to yell out “Eastman your a murderer”. Looking back on it now it might not have been a smart thing to do knowing what he’s capable of.

He had a townhouse in that development fronting Ainslie Avenue, in the first block from Civic (behind Bega Flats, something Court, plainish brick places of several levels). He had it on public housing, from memory. There were stories of him harassing and frightening his neighbours.

As for the security guards, they knew he wouldn’t attack them, and in fact they possibly hoped he’d have a go. They probably had to deal with his on-going activities and knew exactly what he was.

Thumper Thumper 11:19 am 31 May 09

Guilty or nor guilty, he’s where he should be no matter what.

seekay seekay 11:08 am 31 May 09

David Eastman has always struck me as an archetypical Canberran.

“I know my rights! I know my rights!”

Devil_n_Disquiz Devil_n_Disquiz 9:54 am 31 May 09

@ #7 So our justice system is infallible ??

I think not ! Bullsh1t happens. Not saying it necessarily happened here, but…….???

shauno shauno 7:22 am 31 May 09