WIN News to be cancelled?

papadoc 2 April 2008 48

Amazing! Working where i do, a lot of press releases and intersting emails cross my path on the way up to the management upstairs. Personally, this one left me shocked and astounded. Righto, prepare for the backlash:

“In Light of recent events, channel 9 has decided to cease broadcasting local news in the canberra and south coast regions. Furthermore, we will be filling the timeslot with “a current affair” until further notice. Over the past months there has been a large dip in ratings which in turn, has forced our hand. Our sincere apologies to those who relied on this service, but there will be alternatives in programming investigated in the not too distant future.”

Lots more text is attached to this and i’ll pdf it asap.

Sorry!

-Papadoc

What’s Your opinion?

48 Responses to
WIN News to be cancelled?
Showing only Website comments
Newest to Oldest
Oldest to Newest
Gungahlin Al 1:58 pm 03 Apr 08

One in Canberra

astrojax 1:27 pm 03 Apr 08

what’s a capital letter?

papadoc 12:46 pm 03 Apr 08

LOL

CanberraResident 12:26 pm 03 Apr 08

papadoc said :

@canberraresident – So U Can use Kapital letters too MY Clever Old friend! Can’t say i’m overly Koncerned.

err no thanks, even the most powerful magnifying glaSs coUldn’t help me with that one poopaduCK, and besidEs, I’m not Gay, but thanks for cominG out on this very popular public Site.

Cameron 12:02 pm 03 Apr 08

What a fucking hero.

Ozhair 11:30 am 03 Apr 08

@papdoc – hmmmm, nope. After my time, I’d guess. I left WIN over eleven years ago.

papadoc 11:29 am 03 Apr 08

Devil_n_Disquiz 11:21 am 03 Apr 08

papadoc said :

Sorry guys, had to mess with ya for April Fools. Stoked it made the radio though!

I tried to give it away…

RE: Post #10 There’s always something interesting going on in the Capital(s).

……………………………………………………………………………..
*A*mazing! working where i do, a lot of press releases and intersting emails cross my path on the way up to the management upstairs. *P*ersonally, this one left me shocked and astounded. *R*ighto, prepare for the backlash:

“*I*n *L*ight of recent events, channel 9 has decided to cease broadcasting local news in the canberra and south coast regions. *F*urthermore, we will be filling the timeslot with “a current affair” until further notice. *O*ver the past months there has been a large dip in ratings which in turn, has forced our hand. *O*ur sincere apologies to those who relied on this service, but there will be alternatives in programming investigated in the not too distant future.”

*L*ots more text is attached to this and i’ll pdf it asap.

*S*orry!

-Papadoc
……………………………………………………………………………..

LOL

Would have worked if the original post hadn’t of had a capital W before the capital A and P.

CanberraResident 11:03 am 03 Apr 08

papadoc said :

@CanberraResident – Or is it just that you are pissed that u fell for it?

Err, yeah papadoc … I’m sooooo pissed … you got me real bad for all of 30 seconds when I read posts 13 and 14. The capital letters!!!! Why didn’t I see that? Mind you, I did smell a rat when I started reading your post, and his name was Papa Doc. See, I can use capital letters too?

You are too clever papadoc.

papadoc 10:59 am 03 Apr 08

So you would know Andrew Richards then?

Ozhair 10:45 am 03 Apr 08

Ah, but, papadoc, it’s possible to do both 🙂 As long as you view regional television as just a temporary training ground.

I was the head cameraman at WIN here in Canberra when I left a fair few years back. I took up a position as an entry-level operator with the Broadcasting section at Parli House. So, from head cameraman to bottom rung sh!tkicker, and my salary went UP by $5000 a year 🙂 Pluse, better hours, better gear, etc.

And the fact that I did enjoy the work (with the exception of covering fatal accidents and the like), rather than the pay and conditions, is why I stuck with it as long as I did.

papadoc 10:38 am 03 Apr 08

I know that everyone bags them out and I had a camera man friend who you probably worked with who didn’t rate it too much, but I like the industry. I’d prefer to get paid f**k all doing what I enjoy compared to now where I get paid good money doing a job I hate.

Ozhair 10:30 am 03 Apr 08

@papadoc – why the hell would you want to work at WIN!?!? It’s underpaid slave labour. And this is from someone who worked there for nearly five years 😛

papadoc 10:30 am 03 Apr 08

Kinda like Neil Henry. I’m 100% committed to honouring my contract…

Ozhair 10:27 am 03 Apr 08

And anyway, we all know that WIN News will be perfectly safe until management puts out a statement saying that they are “100% committed to its local news services and staff”. The day that happens, expect it to be gone in two weeks 😉

papadoc 10:26 am 03 Apr 08

@CanberraResident – Or is it just that you are pissed that u fell for it? Sorry to say, but I did put it over you guys. Look at the original post and see where the capital letters start & finish then you can see how I set it up.

@Gungahlin Al- I wish I worked for WIN, but I’m just a regular joe working in IT. And why would WIN want free airplay anyway?

It was just a bit of fun, sorry if I offended anybody.

(I’m still stoked it made the radio. Best one I’ve pulled off yet!)

CanberraResident 10:20 am 03 Apr 08

Nah nah nah nah nah … you don’t fool me Papadoc … I think this little joke has back-fired on you. Why post your little “joke” after April Fool’s Day? And I won’t accept “just another way to mess with ya'”.

I truly believe you thought WIN news was being cancelled.

This is hilarious.

Gungahlin Al 10:03 am 03 Apr 08

Actually, this is smelling more like papadoc works for Win, and it’s just been an elaborate way to get free airplay. If so, then that would be clever marketing, and therefore successful, I guess. Grudging respect where due…

Gungahlin Al 10:00 am 03 Apr 08

Joke’s on papadoc.

papadoc 9:54 am 03 Apr 08

True 😉

Copyright © 2019 Region Group Pty Ltd. All rights reserved.