WIN News to be cancelled?

papadoc 2 April 2008 48

Amazing! Working where i do, a lot of press releases and intersting emails cross my path on the way up to the management upstairs. Personally, this one left me shocked and astounded. Righto, prepare for the backlash:

“In Light of recent events, channel 9 has decided to cease broadcasting local news in the canberra and south coast regions. Furthermore, we will be filling the timeslot with “a current affair” until further notice. Over the past months there has been a large dip in ratings which in turn, has forced our hand. Our sincere apologies to those who relied on this service, but there will be alternatives in programming investigated in the not too distant future.”

Lots more text is attached to this and i’ll pdf it asap.

Sorry!

-Papadoc

What’s Your opinion?

48 Responses to
WIN News to be cancelled?
Showing only Website comments
Newest to Oldest
Oldest to Newest
Jono 5:30 pm 04 Apr 08

Damnit! Why would you get my hopes up like that? Hearing WIN news was to be cancelled was the best news I’d heard all day (haven’t had any respect for that pile of crap since they got Stanhope to do a namedrop ad for them a couple of months back).

montana 4:43 pm 04 Apr 08

Holden Caulfield said :

Hurrah, finally, we’ll get the see all of the ODI cricket telecasts during the summer!

But no more Good eye candy. 🙁

AGREED! how many times did we have to miss out on Gilchrist’s blistering start!

Thumper 8:27 am 04 Apr 08

hehehe, that was cool…

Felix the Cat 8:37 pm 03 Apr 08

At least this April Fools prank was better (only just…) than the MIX106.3 one that wasn’t one.

Meconium 6:11 pm 03 Apr 08

awpril foolsp!

Morgan 3:27 pm 03 Apr 08

That wasn’t even clever.

Dante 3:03 pm 03 Apr 08

I wouldn’t have been surprised if it was true. That new newsreader irritates the hell out of me… bring back Mr Leonard!

Holden Caulfield 3:01 pm 03 Apr 08

So we’ll be getting screwed over come cricket season again. Boo!

Gungahlin Al 1:58 pm 03 Apr 08

One in Canberra

astrojax 1:27 pm 03 Apr 08

what’s a capital letter?

papadoc 12:46 pm 03 Apr 08

LOL

CanberraResident 12:26 pm 03 Apr 08

papadoc said :

@canberraresident – So U Can use Kapital letters too MY Clever Old friend! Can’t say i’m overly Koncerned.

err no thanks, even the most powerful magnifying glaSs coUldn’t help me with that one poopaduCK, and besidEs, I’m not Gay, but thanks for cominG out on this very popular public Site.

Cameron 12:02 pm 03 Apr 08

What a fucking hero.

Ozhair 11:30 am 03 Apr 08

@papdoc – hmmmm, nope. After my time, I’d guess. I left WIN over eleven years ago.

papadoc 11:29 am 03 Apr 08

Devil_n_Disquiz 11:21 am 03 Apr 08

papadoc said :

Sorry guys, had to mess with ya for April Fools. Stoked it made the radio though!

I tried to give it away…

RE: Post #10 There’s always something interesting going on in the Capital(s).

……………………………………………………………………………..
*A*mazing! working where i do, a lot of press releases and intersting emails cross my path on the way up to the management upstairs. *P*ersonally, this one left me shocked and astounded. *R*ighto, prepare for the backlash:

“*I*n *L*ight of recent events, channel 9 has decided to cease broadcasting local news in the canberra and south coast regions. *F*urthermore, we will be filling the timeslot with “a current affair” until further notice. *O*ver the past months there has been a large dip in ratings which in turn, has forced our hand. *O*ur sincere apologies to those who relied on this service, but there will be alternatives in programming investigated in the not too distant future.”

*L*ots more text is attached to this and i’ll pdf it asap.

*S*orry!

-Papadoc
……………………………………………………………………………..

LOL

Would have worked if the original post hadn’t of had a capital W before the capital A and P.

CanberraResident 11:03 am 03 Apr 08

papadoc said :

@CanberraResident – Or is it just that you are pissed that u fell for it?

Err, yeah papadoc … I’m sooooo pissed … you got me real bad for all of 30 seconds when I read posts 13 and 14. The capital letters!!!! Why didn’t I see that? Mind you, I did smell a rat when I started reading your post, and his name was Papa Doc. See, I can use capital letters too?

You are too clever papadoc.

papadoc 10:59 am 03 Apr 08

So you would know Andrew Richards then?

Ozhair 10:45 am 03 Apr 08

Ah, but, papadoc, it’s possible to do both 🙂 As long as you view regional television as just a temporary training ground.

I was the head cameraman at WIN here in Canberra when I left a fair few years back. I took up a position as an entry-level operator with the Broadcasting section at Parli House. So, from head cameraman to bottom rung sh!tkicker, and my salary went UP by $5000 a year 🙂 Pluse, better hours, better gear, etc.

And the fact that I did enjoy the work (with the exception of covering fatal accidents and the like), rather than the pay and conditions, is why I stuck with it as long as I did.

papadoc 10:38 am 03 Apr 08

I know that everyone bags them out and I had a camera man friend who you probably worked with who didn’t rate it too much, but I like the industry. I’d prefer to get paid f**k all doing what I enjoy compared to now where I get paid good money doing a job I hate.

Copyright © 2019 Region Group Pty Ltd. All rights reserved.