Woden Babar Discriminate Against Transgenders

DarkLadyWolfMother 30 May 2009 137

I’ve just had my last meal at Babar in Woden, a place I used to frequent for a breakfast on the weekend.

I’m a male to female transgender and have been living as a female 24/7 for some number of years. Over these years I’ve been using Women’s toilets.

Today I was told by the owner (or manager, I don’t know which) of Babar that I wasn’t allowed to use the Women’s toilets.

I attempted to explain I was transgendered; but she told me that didn’t matter.

What’s curious is that ever since I’ve been going to Babar, when I’ve made use of their toilets I have always used Women’s toilets; and this woman (owner/manager) has been present some of those times.

I should note that I’ve never had a problem with any of the staff. They’ve always been friendly, helpful and efficient.

I’ll be writing Babar a formal letter of complaint at the least.

137 Responses to Woden Babar Discriminate Against Transgenders
Clown Killer Clown Killer 5:30 pm 01 Jun 09

Which I beleive is the OPs point. Yes she has a penis, but no she’s not a man. It’s pretty easy really so you would expect even a cafe manager to be able to deal with that but apparently not.

peterh peterh 5:28 pm 01 Jun 09

Clown Killer said :

WTF peterh and Deezagood? Save you breath princesses. In you’re hurry to get all hot under the collarand indignant about whatever bandwagon you’re pushing this week so completely missed what was a lucid and well articulated point. I just said what you did but didn’t waste so many key strokes and avoided getting my panties in a twist.

CK, the way that it appeared under my post looked as if you were having a shot at me. if this wasn’t the case, apologies. But that is how I read it.

peterh peterh 5:26 pm 01 Jun 09

deezagood said :

peterh said :

Clown Killer said :

If you have a Penis and Testes, you are a man.

no, you are male. they don’t make you a man…

And if you cant tell the diference in the context of this thread then you are a tool.

really? so a woman that believes in her heart that she is really a man – without the testes and penis isn’t a man? Being a man differs from being male. believing that you are a man is a state of mind. being male is a natural state that can be achieved with reassignment. BUT, if the person who undergoes reassignment does not believe that they are a man, the process is in vain. They must believe in their heart that they are a man. and i can tell the difference in this context. tool yourself.

Don’t bother Peter … just don’t bother. It just isn’t worth your time (you simply can’t educate the truly ignorant).

I am male by birth, and a man because I believe that I am one. Many people I know are male by birth, and women because they believe in their hearts that they are. belief is a powerful thing. I wish that the people who cannot understand the reasons that people change gender are not purely based on appearance? some males i knew were ugly men and are now ugly women, they even admit it. and they are happy with the change. they didn’t do it to change their appearance, just to be happy with who they truly are.

Clown Killer Clown Killer 5:24 pm 01 Jun 09

deezagood deezagood 5:14 pm 01 Jun 09

peterh said :

Clown Killer said :

If you have a Penis and Testes, you are a man.

no, you are male. they don’t make you a man…

peterh peterh 5:11 pm 01 Jun 09

Clown Killer said :

If you have a Penis and Testes, you are a man.

no, you are male. they don’t make you a man…

deezagood deezagood 4:51 pm 01 Jun 09

G-Fresh said :

If you have a Penis and Testes, you are a man.

And you, quite clearly, are not much of one

Clown Killer Clown Killer 4:50 pm 01 Jun 09

If you have a Penis and Testes, you are a man.

no, you are male. they don’t make you a man…

peterh peterh 4:28 pm 01 Jun 09

G-Fresh said :

If you have a Penis and Testes, you are a man.

no, you are male. they don’t make you a man…

Jim Jones Jim Jones 4:26 pm 01 Jun 09

G-Fresh said :

If you have a Penis and Testes, you are a man.

And you’re a dick.

AngryHenry AngryHenry 4:23 pm 01 Jun 09

G-Fresh said :

If you have a Penis and Testes, you are a man.

And if you have a “G” in front of your name you are obviously a gangsta!

Idiot!

G-Fresh G-Fresh 4:16 pm 01 Jun 09

If you have a Penis and Testes, you are a man.

Nambucco Deliria Nambucco Deliria 4:04 pm 01 Jun 09

Deadmandrinking said :

Well said Jim Jones.

Note I also said ‘violent homophobes’ indicating that I was discussing homophobes who are violent.

That being said, I think that ‘people who disagree with the concept of same sex relationships’ are ignorant fools. If that’s being discriminatory, well, f-k mate, what the hell are those people doing in the first place?

But surely being a homophobe doesn’t automatically make you violent? What about the Pope? or is he offering pooftahs out all over the Vatican after a couple of pints?

peterh peterh 4:02 pm 01 Jun 09

DarkLadyWolfMother said :

I probably wasn’t clear about my being ‘uncomfortable’ in Male toilets. I don’t believe the one at Babar would be a problem for that reason. However, having had a few issues in male toilets before I fully came out, I have a general feeling of unease around them. Now that I dress female all the time, I also feel even less comfortable going in there.

peterh, do you know me? Or did I mention my height/etc here? I’m intrigued now 🙂

geek girls event.

DarkLadyWolfMother DarkLadyWolfMother 3:59 pm 01 Jun 09

peterh peterh 3:19 pm 01 Jun 09

I am fairly crtain that DLWM wouldn’t have much to fear, she is a very tall person.

Jim Jones Jim Jones 3:13 pm 01 Jun 09

VYBerlinaV8_the_one_they_all_copy said :

Which is exactly why I couldn’t really see the relationship between the two issues…

Anyway, hopefully DLWM gets a good outcome.

Agreed.

VYBerlinaV8_the_one_they_all_copy VYBerlinaV8_the_one_they_all_copy 3:07 pm 01 Jun 09

Anyway, hopefully DLWM gets a good outcome.

Jim Jones Jim Jones 3:01 pm 01 Jun 09

Dunno if the OP is worried about attacks in the bathroom or not. I wouldn’t imagine it would be a big issue in Babar. Possibly so in a lot of other places I could think of though.

Whatever, it ain’t my argument.

VYBerlinaV8_the_one_they_all_copy VYBerlinaV8_the_one_they_all_copy 2:51 pm 01 Jun 09

JJ, I’m still not convinced there’s a real connection, unless said ‘tranny’ is fearful of getting beaten up in the bathroom, or something.