Woden bashing teens caught

jennybel75 6 June 2008 133

As a followup to the story last week about a bashing at Woden Plaza being filmed and put on YouTube, News.com are reporting that police have caught the alleged perpetrators.

133 Responses to Woden bashing teens caught
tap tap 11:11 am 10 Jun 08

Maelinar: And you think that majority consensus means the correct opinion? You can’t think of even one time where an idea that has been popular has been wrong? flat earth perhaps? Thats an appeal to popularity, and is a logical fallacy. Also I didn’t say you couldn’t hold ignorant opinions, I just said they were ignorant.

Mælinar Mælinar 9:21 am 10 Jun 08

There, your argument is getting a little more sound. Not perfect, but at least it’s standing. – haha to anybody taking academic advice from a retard.

An opinion isn’t right just because you hold it. – Somehow this statement doesn’t gel when it comes from a poster who holds a set of opinions, against pretty much every other on RA (except his umbilical brother). History shows us that the majority of rioters form the majority consensus – aka hmm… our right of democratic opinion ?

Keep on keeping on… flapping.

Special G Special G 8:53 am 10 Jun 08

Shift work numpty. Not all of us do a nine to five day. DMD’s calling Headbonius a douche makes me think he might be the same person as tap. They both spout the exact same lines.

Deadmandrinking Deadmandrinking 6:55 pm 09 Jun 08

I’m going to wash the nerd off this monitor 😛

el el 6:44 pm 09 Jun 08

I don’t.

Deadmandrinking Deadmandrinking 6:30 pm 09 Jun 08

Being a 3-post nutbag, I will add….You all use Riot-Act at work, you lazy bastards. Get your arses to work!

I’m usually in class when I post during the day, so I probably should too…

Deadmandrinking Deadmandrinking 6:28 pm 09 Jun 08

Also, I’d like to see some statistics still. It would be interesting to see how workplace productivity has changed from the old days.

Deadmandrinking Deadmandrinking 6:27 pm 09 Jun 08

I agree that the workplace has become a little more laid back than the slave-labor days of old, but I don’t see the connection between workplace productivity and corporal punishment in schools.

It could be to do with the range of activities available to young people now, i.e. Television, internet, sms madness and e’s, activities that can be arranged at any time, consume long hours and can affect people’s concentration, therefore making alot of the monotonous labor tasks associated with working in small business much more challenging than it really should be.

Special G Special G 5:41 pm 09 Jun 08

Speaking with small business owners in a number of fields they have told me they would prefer to hire a 30+ person as they turn up and work hard and try to avoid the younger generation as they are slack and will not turn up to shifts. This is particularly the case on weekends as there is far too much stuff happening on a Friday/Saturday night so when a weekend shift comes around they either a – don’t turn up or b – turn up suffering the effects of a monster night out and are ineffective.

No I don’t have statistics on this it is based on my own experiences of speaking with small business owners.

As for the corporate punishment thingy – bring back stocks in Garema place with rotten veges. Repeat offenders extradite to Antartica.

Yes this is off topic for the teens caught in woden bashing although this is where the topic has progressed.

Deadmandrinking Deadmandrinking 3:34 pm 09 Jun 08

Special G, I’m sure people’s opinions are formed on life experiences.

When you express them, however, you must expect them to be criticized. Not everyone see’s the same thing in everything and therefore, they may draw different conclusions.

The key to making claims, such as ‘there has been a decline in the behavior of children and this is affecting their productivity as adults’ hold water in the hope that people will take that in to their opinion is to BACK THAT SH-T UP! Results, statistics, verifiable accounts similar to your own – all of these wonderful little things can turn what looks to be an ill-thought-out passing statement into a sound argument.

Remember, you are not trying to convince yourself you are right. You are trying to convince others.

Also, simply stating that you have experience in this field blah blah blah is a classic way of avoiding backing up your argument, therefore making you appear to be more and more wrong every time you say it.

Thumper Thumper 1:37 pm 09 Jun 08

Actually I’m putting a new kitchen in and I’m having some minor issues with the plumbing 😉

Back to it…

el el 1:05 pm 09 Jun 08

Thumper: I guess that means you’re no longer feeding the trolls then. Good-o 🙂

tap tap 1:00 pm 09 Jun 08

Oh and one more thing, also there would have to be reason that the lack of corporal punihsment is the reason for the kids decline in behaviour. Which at the moment seems quite a flawed idea.

Thumper you’re back, you directed a comment at me, i replied with something else for you, but you didn’t respond?

tap tap 12:57 pm 09 Jun 08

Yes I have considered that.

Remember my opinion is that if Since the removal of corporal punishment from our schools, there has been a decline in the behavior of children and this is affecting their productivity as adults. is to be taken as true, there really should be evidence, I say this because the statement is posed as a fact that is happening now, and something like that must have evidence (I can think of some exceptions to this, but this is not one of them). Evidence such as some numbers proving that productivity is less amongs 20-30 year olds today than it was against 20-30 year olds ten years ago, and that is less than the producivity of ten years before that. Secondly if there was this evidence there still needs to be evidence, or a reason, linking the alleged decline in behaviour of kids, with the decline in productivity in adults. Something that would basically prove that the behaviour in kids is the sole, or at least major reason for the decline in productivity.

If the statement were a hypothetical, eg kids behviour today might lead to a decline in their productivity, then evidence would not be required, but reason still would.

Is this really so unreasonable?

Thumper Thumper 12:57 pm 09 Jun 08

That did strike me as rather ironic.

vg vg 12:12 pm 09 Jun 08

Ingeegoodbee said :

You really should stop with the American slang for name calling too (’douche’). It really does say something about you. At least call me a dickhead, an idiot, a ‘poo face’ if you will.

Just don’t call him a “fcuked up little monkey”

And for the record vg, no I’m not. I simply remember how pissed off you got when Big Al dropped that on you.

And how the same person disappeared into the ether. I didn’t get pissed off, Big Al just got vewy, vewy scared. Though I suspect he/she/it is back as one of the 3 twits we are discussing

Whatsup Whatsup 11:53 am 09 Jun 08

tap said :

tap: Have you considered that your personal opinion might be incorrect. If you haven’t considered it this indeed could be a problem.

tap tap 11:31 am 09 Jun 08

Special g: Its when their personal experience lead them to incorrect opinions thats the problem.

El: Whats wrong with that? Remember I asked for evidence. And also pay attention to this bit: or a reason why adults productivity is declining.

el el 11:19 am 09 Jun 08

Tap asking for statistics.

The irony.

High school debating club has gotten out of hand for you, sunshine.

Ingeegoodbee Ingeegoodbee 9:26 am 09 Jun 08

Just don’t call him a “fcuked up little monkey”

Region Group Pty Ltd