Woden Post Office: Useless and Rude

H1NG0 5 June 2008 141

I have had a passport application all ready and filled out for the last few weeks. All it is waiting on is a “Passport Interview” at the Post Office. For those who have never been through this process before, basically each post office has staff capable of doing this interview where they basically ask a couple of simple questions (e.g Mother Maiden name etc). So really its simple, you take your application to the post office, wait in line, then they spend 5 minutess asking you questions, you hand over the fee and you are all done. Unfortunally Australia Post really struggle to grasp this concept and intend on making it as difficult as possible.

First rule is, don’t believe anything their website says. It may say that the post office is open from 9:00-5:00 and passport interviews listed as a service they provide, but the window of time to get a passport application really depends on whether the staff could be arsed doing them. Something about turning up to a counter with a passport form really puts Australia Post staff in a foul mood. Its a license to be abused apparently.

Anyway, I have tried to get this interview done several times. I work regular working hours and only get a 30 minute break throughout the day. I’m basically chained to a computer and a phone. I called Gungahlin Post Office on the weekend to see if I could get this interview done. In short, the answer was an indirect no.

This week I am on the early shift. I finish at 4:00. I thought “Great! That will give me time to do it after work”, so yesterday I wandered over to Woden Post Office. As I walked up to the counter, a lady with thick glasses witnesses the form in my hand an says “You will have to stand over there!” and points to a family of three getting their passport applications done. Fair enough then, so I stand in the line for about 2 minutes until the lady suddenly says “Oh, we only do passport applications between 2:00 and 4:00”. I look at my watch which is displaying 4:04 and said “Are you serious?” and she said “Yes”. Meanwhile the family in front were handing in their forms at the same time. I could have done a thousand things but I simply cursed and walked out. I arrived there at 4:00. Maybe this old bat has dementia. Why didn’t she tell me that I wasn’t going to be able to get this done before sending me to the other line?

I wonder where this window of time is advertised, because I’m damn sure it says 9:00 to 5:00 on their website. Do people wanting to pay their bills at the post office have a different window of time? Maybe 9:00-11:00? What window of time do you have to be there to post a parcel? I’m sorry Australia Post, but if you are going to provide a service, then provide it throughout your business hours. I’m going to try the post office near Jollimont next time. Fingers crossed.

141 Responses to Woden Post Office: Useless and Rude
tap tap 8:34 pm 06 Jun 08

CanberraResident: Nah i really was being serious… I agree with you… about vg anyway, possibly about nothing else :p

But definately about vg.

CanberraResident CanberraResident 6:34 pm 06 Jun 08

tap said :

CanberraResident: Agreed. He is the personification of the reason so many people distrust and dislike the police force. He is a bully, and seems to think fighting someone is a legitimate way of resolving a conflict of opinion. Like somehow who ever wins the fights point must be correct? Ridiculous.

HHmm. Not sure if you’re being serious, or having a dig at our little tete-a-tete a while back. From memory, I think you won that battle, because I backed out without answering any of your questions, which as far as I’m concerned, is an admittance of defeat. Tap-1, CR-0, but it never got nasty. Can’t wait until the next protest. Go China! That was you wasn’t it tap? Or have I had one too many Milo’s this afternoon and mixed you up with another rioter? It couldn’t have been vg, surely not! I would have remembered that tussle coz I would’ve won standing on my head, blind-folded, doing the alien tango. Not-so-ridiculous.

Absent Diane Absent Diane 2:48 pm 06 Jun 08

hate everyone and love a good old abusive ad hom attack

STFU, fatty.

lmfao

Thumper Thumper 2:29 pm 06 Jun 08

Pandanus Park is a Vietnam veterans bush get away in the NT.

realityskin realityskin 2:23 pm 06 Jun 08

Pandanus Street , the place of many crazy street parties back in the day ..

Skidbladnir Skidbladnir 2:20 pm 06 Jun 08

Personally, I think Pandanus77 is an address.

vg vg 2:09 pm 06 Jun 08

Jesus, it took you all how many days to pick that one up?

Pandanus77 Pandanus77 2:03 pm 06 Jun 08

vg

21! ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha…………………

I wish!

Woody Mann-Caruso Woody Mann-Caruso 1:59 pm 06 Jun 08

i hate everyone and love a good old abusive ad hom attack

STFU, fatty.

Deadmandrinking Deadmandrinking 1:56 pm 06 Jun 08

I hate you too. Burn, all of you.

Absent Diane Absent Diane 1:43 pm 06 Jun 08

i hate everyone and love a good old abusive ad hom attack.. not when I am trying to win argument either (i do that without even trying). just for the sake of being offensive. its about pushing boundaries and shi!.as you can tell I am pretty on the edge and out there:p not too mention good looking, intelligent, rich, witty and modest :p 😛

Deadmandrinking Deadmandrinking 1:41 pm 06 Jun 08

F-k you Hingo.

H1NG0 H1NG0 12:45 pm 06 Jun 08

I’m buddies with everybody on RiotACT, the problem is that they aren’t buddies with me 🙂

ant ant 12:35 pm 06 Jun 08

I’m buddies with whoever can discuss an issue without trying to fight everyone (or anyone). Extra buddy points if they can be amusing.

H1NG0 H1NG0 12:31 pm 06 Jun 08

There are police in the ACT now? Where? Prove it!

tap tap 12:17 pm 06 Jun 08

CanberraResident CanberraResident 12:00 pm 06 Jun 08

vg, I’m nobody’s buddy on this site – never have been and never will be. You have tunnel vision; by choosing number 85 as an example of my “debating skills”, all you’ve done is proven that you choose to see what YOU want to see, and nothing else matters.

By the way, to the person who pointed out that vg was, or is, a cop, I couldn’t care if he was an alien from the other side of jupiter … the guy has a chip the size of Tasmania sitting on his left shoulder.

He’s a know-it-all who likes to put people in their place; I suspect that’s a “side-effect” from his days on the beat … oh, and vg, having the title of “veteran rioter” does not give you the right to belittle newcomers to this site.

Just once, it would be nice to see a “veteran rioter” be welcoming to newbies on this site. Do you think there’s an ounce of flesh in your brain that will allow you to do that, or are you so damaged that your hardened crust cannot be broken through?

Go on. Give it a go. You might just like it.

Woody Mann-Caruso Woody Mann-Caruso 11:42 am 06 Jun 08

21 years old and can’t comprehend

2008 – 1977 = 31, not 21.

We now return you to your regularly scheduled beating.

vg vg 10:34 am 06 Jun 08

And do, pray tell, inform us all of ‘the type’. With all your worldly knowledge and all. I’m guessing its chock full of stereotypes (probably American)

If you’d like to pick CR as your little buddy in this fight please refer to post 85 for their ‘brilliant’ debating skills you so laud

ant ant 10:28 am 06 Jun 08

Ari said :

Guys, FYI VG is a cop.

vg is an ex-cop. He’s alluded to it in the past. Quite a good score by Canberra Resident, he actually picked the type quite well. There’s a few ex and current here, they don’t hide it at all well.

That aside, it’s always a shame to see how some people here think an argument is a fight. they can’t see the difference between slinging insults and attacking, and disputing a point. They also don’t understand why they always lose. Ad-hominem attacks always see the attacker losing.

Region Group Pty Ltd