Community

Earn your halo.
Become a Guardian Angel today!

Woden Wake?

thy_dungeonman 26 February 2011 47

So I was riding through Woden interchange on my way to the bus and I noticed a whole lot of teenagers hanging around on the steps playing music and such, pretty standard occurrence “don’t these people have anywhere better to gather” I thought, as usual.

But then I noticed there were a whole lot for candles and flowers in front of a graffiti covered wall (that has timetables on the other side) and it appeared to be some kind of “memorial service” for lack of a better term.

Although Woden interchange has a lot of assaults they surely were not killed there, so they may have just graffitied that wall or perhaps (like their friends) spent a lot of time hanging out at the interchange.

I assume it wasn’t Mully since they weren’t gathered at the toilet door and the only thing I was able to read on the wall going past was “Micheal Alexander” but that may have been the name of a well-wisher or another inspired artist.

Whoever it was I would hope that I don’t spend enough time at the Woden interchange to warrant my wake being held there.

47 Responses to Woden Wake?
Blackstar Blackstar 1:08 pm 03 Mar 11

buzz819 said :

thy_dungeonman said :

If they want to hold a wake at a bus interchange fine i’ll ride by and judge, call me old fashioned but it does seem a strange place for one

I’m not calling you old fashioned, just saying people deal with things differently.

They were probably judging you as you went past, cranky old man, waving his walking stick while he is riding past in his lycra on a bike with panniers on the sides and a basket with a flower on the front.

So I guess it’s fair, but maybe you should let them deal with their friends death how they see fit, they can’t go to a club or pub and have a wake or anything like that, this is how they did it.

Thankyou. <3

imissyou imissyou 12:43 pm 03 Mar 11

colourful sydney racing identity said :

creative_canberran said :

imissyou said :

You don’t know me or my friends so calling us bogan’s are some serious allegations. That is what we are doing, that would be the reason we are not at school! Here we go with the vandalising again seriously are your lives that pathetic that you have to complain about the same thing over and over again?!

I know you and your friends… I know your type. The language , the tone, the irrationality.

Now I know my question, written in proper english, might be a bit difficult for you to understand so let me ask it again.
What do you and your compadres actually contribute to society?
Don’t wait for a translation… answer me now!

I know your type, a brave keyboard warrior: pompous; self indlugent; smug and condescending.

What do you contribute to society?

WHAT DO ME AND MY COMPADRES CONTRIBUTE TO SOCIETY?!
well let me tell you, we go to school, we have jobs, you sit at home all day chucking a tantrum over a wall and being disrespectful towards someone who has passed away a week ago.
do you even go to woden interchange and how does it affect you?!
simple if you dont like it then DO NOT look at it if it annoys you that much.
As for ‘johnboy’ if you had even half the balls then you would be telling them to simply GO AWAY and stop being so disrespectful to the deceased and simply dont put their comments on here.

johnboy johnboy 12:59 pm 03 Mar 11

In my defence I’ve been a bit busy starring out the obscenities strewn through the posts of Michael’s friends. (and deleting a lot more comments being unkind to Michael’s memory than of his friends by the by)

I’ll just have to get by with the balls I’ve got.

colourful sydney racing identity colourful sydney racing identity 8:37 am 03 Mar 11

creative_canberran said :

imissyou said :

What do you and your compadres actually contribute to society?
Don’t wait for a translation… answer me now!

What do you contribute to society?

Good old BCB Good old BCB 1:40 am 03 Mar 11

‘#36’ – spot on mate

Davo111 Davo111 11:20 pm 02 Mar 11

I continually complain about the vandalism because you dont accept the fact it is vandalism. You didnt get permission, you made permanent marking on public property. Thats what vandalism is.

You want honest feedback on what you should be doing?

– Call up the council tomorrow with your buddies and organise a time to paint over the walls and doors that have been spray-painted. Remove anything that is left on the ground next to the wall, sort out what should be given to the family and what is to be thrown out.
– Ask the council permission to place a small plaque up at Pine Island (at your cost)
– Organise an event (perhaps a BBQ?) where all proceeds raised to kids alive do the five or a local swimming school or alcohol awareness programs
– Organise a CPR resuscitation chart to be installed at Pine Island.

I’m just brainstorming here, but these things are a lot more meaningful that spray-painting his name on a toilet door.

fun size fun size 10:38 pm 02 Mar 11

creative_canberran said :

What do you and your compadres actually contribute to society?
Don’t wait for a translation… answer me now!

I’m just going to go out on a limb here and say that questioning a grieving teenager’s right to a place in society based on subjective ideas of ‘contribution’ is not exactly constructive.

creative_canberran creative_canberran 10:10 pm 02 Mar 11

imissyou said :

What do you and your compadres actually contribute to society?
Don’t wait for a translation… answer me now!

imissyou imissyou 9:35 pm 02 Mar 11

Davo111 Davo111 8:40 pm 02 Mar 11

imissyou said :

You are unbelievable, ever think that maybe when someone dies you need time off school? No point in going if your just going to cry the whole time.

Then cry at home, or at a friends house at some type of wake, dont go vandalising public property.
hurrrr durrrr

creative_canberran creative_canberran 7:43 pm 02 Mar 11

imissyou said :

I think you have all managed to put your point across that you DONT want the wall to stay there well do you know what its not f***ing up to you in any way shape or form, i personally along with many others will just keep putting it back up if you even remove a small fragment of it. Have a think about it, your friend dies, you want to spend your time where he used to go the most, in this case is at Woden Interchange. Go ahead and call us all Bogan’s saying anything and everything you can think of to insult us, but at the end of the day you are the one’s being complete assholes to a young boy who didnt deserve to die and was far too young. As for Bogan’s wearing ‘Trackies’ and Jumpers and having ‘rats tails’ are you really that unhappy with your life that you feel the need to comment on little things like that. Seriously grow up, you insensitive f***s!

Imissyou, answer me one question… what do you and your bogan compadres actually contribute to society?

If you don’t like the negativity on here towards “bogans” then please, inform us of what redeeming qualities you have… what you do to make our society better and add to the rich tapestry of the Canberra community?

georgesgenitals georgesgenitals 6:55 pm 02 Mar 11

imissyou said :

Davo111 said :

Mess said :

I may be overlooking something here, but isn’t today a school day?

Apparently when you lose a friend, you’re allowed to truant, vandalise public property and threaten people.

Kids note: that was sarcasm

More teenage melodrama.

imissyou imissyou 4:14 pm 02 Mar 11

Davo111 said :

Mess said :

I may be overlooking something here, but isn’t today a school day?

Kids note: that was sarcasm

Davo111 Davo111 1:57 pm 02 Mar 11

Mess said :

I may be overlooking something here, but isn’t today a school day?

Kids note: that was sarcasm

Mess Mess 1:51 pm 02 Mar 11

What time was all this going on? I may be overlooking something here, but isn’t today a school day?

Skidbladnir Skidbladnir 1:22 pm 02 Mar 11

imissyou said :

Get over yourself, and get busy adapting to the absence your friend. A wall won’t replace him.

If you hung around the interchange as much as you claim, you have probably noticed the several murals in the Woden Interchange that have been at the interchange.
The ones that have been left largely untouched over the years, and are well-appreciated enough to even receive Govt funding to re-do them when stains like yourself try to get rid of them.
(The strange thing that faces the Helennic Club, the old map of Woden that surrounds the tree at the interchange, and notably the Dreamtime Rainbow snake thing has an “in memory of” dedication on it)

Poor grafitti will always be removed, good grafitti ends up in galleries, murals add -something- that people like and will put up with, and the dude abides.

Davo111 Davo111 1:16 pm 02 Mar 11

imissyou said :

its not f***ing up to you in any way shape or form,

yeah its up to the government – who tried to remove it until you threatened physical violence & further vandalism.

imissyou said :

i personally along with many others will just keep putting it back up if you even remove a small fragment of it. Have a think about it, your friend dies, you want to spend your time where he used to go the most, ,

you really are that selfish. According to the ABS there is one death in australia every 3 minutes and 44 seconds – which works out over 24,000 Australians so far this year have died. How many of those grieving friends are putting permanent shrines up, vandalising public property, threatening violence and threatening further vandalism? just link me to anyone else this year – oh wait you cant.

imissyou said :

You are such an idiot, nobody said he deserved to die.

You and all your friends have this mentality “we lost a friend so we can do what we like”. No you can’t, there’s this big thing called the LAW that you have to respect before your friend. People give slight allowances, however its not an excuse to carry on like idiots.

imissyou said :

Seriously grow up, you insensitive f***s!

You’re friends spray painted public property, something we call vandalism. How about some respect for the law? oh thats right, you’re insensitive

tldr: Man up, get your friends together and paint over the damage you’ve done. See quote below for a practical example.

Sleaz274 said :

You could establish a foundation in Michael’s name and seek donations from members of your neighbourhood to do charitable events or community service such as repainting the interchange, fixing peoples fences, pavements, clean up days, car washing etc etc… and donate all proceeds raised to kids alive do the five or a local swimming school or alcohol awareness programs.

Or volunteer your time for a day/week/month/year in his honour at said facilities or numerous charities in town. (depending on your attention span, which I imagine is small)

imissyou imissyou 12:38 pm 02 Mar 11

thy_dungeonman thy_dungeonman 11:32 am 02 Mar 11

buzz819 said :

I should probably point out that I myself was a teenagers some…. 2 years ago. I did and still do act somewhat like a cranky old man and I also judged other teenagers by my own sensibilities when I was one myself. And I hate people today who still confirm the stereotype of all young people/teenager as lazy, drunken, out of control, useless vandals who can’t dress properly and don’t respect authority.

I guess this discussion has disproved two stereotypes, that necessarily people who hold memorials at a bus interchange only for bogan drunk drivers and that teenagers are necessarily non-conformist unconservative menaces to society.

Good old BCB Good old BCB 6:09 pm 01 Mar 11

cegee said :

i think this points to an interesting issue:, where in society do we have space for teenagers?

it’s called a job & an education.

rosscoact rosscoact 6:08 pm 01 Mar 11

thy_dungeonman said :

As for teenagers hanging around the bus interchange the main reason I don’t understand is because it’s simply an unpleasant place to be. When I was teen we just had picnics, lots and lots of picnics.

Did you enjoy lashings of treacle and hard-boiled eggs all washed down with home made ginger beer?

Copyright © 2019 Region Group Pty Ltd. All rights reserved.