The firies are always banging on about the need to clean out the lint filter in your clothes dryer. But do we ever hear of these things actually starting a fire?
Well today we do with this from the ESA:
10:30am Friday 11 June 2010 – Update on fire at Bruce Fire was in the middle appartment of a three level complex. It was contained to the room of origin.
Appartment has smoke, fire and water damage.
Fire started in a tumble-dryer.
A functioning smoke alarm was activated and alerted two occupants who safely evacuated.
Time of Emergency Triple Zero (000) call 9.42am.
ACT Fire Brigade crews are on scene conducting ventilation activities in preparation for air monitoring.
So what are we going to do when we get home boys and girls?