Fire in Manuka

johnboy 2 September 2010 1

This in from the ESA:

4:05pm Thursday 2 September 2010 – Small fire extinguished at Manuka ACT Fire Brigade has extinguished a small fire on the roof of Manuka Village shopping centre at Bougainville and Furneaux Streets, Griffith.

Fire caused by workmen welding in an area surrounding the air conditioning duct. Workman attempted to extinguish small fire, but was completely extinguished by ACT Fire Brigade.

Approx 40 people were evacuated as a precaution.

Time of Emergency Triple Zero (000) call 3.20pm.

Two fire pumpers, one Breathing Apparatus Van and one HAZMAT unit attended.

Minor damage only to the roof and air conditioning unit.

Staff and shoppers have been permitted to return to building.


What's Your Opinion?


Please login to post your comments, or connect with
One Response to Fire in Manuka
Filter
Order
Madman Madman 4:53 pm 02 Sep 10

LOL – What do you do….

Call the contractors back to finish the work?!

CBR Tweets

Sign up to our newsletter

Top

Search across the site