11 November 2013

How Canberra missed it's own Hindenberg

| johnboy
Join the conversation

We didn’t notice last week when a torching iPad Air alarmed the Canberra Centre Vodaphone store. But the story has since been circulating in and out of world mainstream and tech media until now, nearly a week later, it’s lighting up The Register.

Apple fanbois around the world are on red alert after one of the latest fruity fondleslabs caught fire and exploded in an Australian Vodafone shop.

A demonstration model of the new iPad Air caused a fire so intense that the fire brigade were called.

Although no-one was hurt in the fire, fanbois around the world will be sleeping a little less easily tonight.

Join the conversation

All Comments
  • All Comments
  • Website Comments

Oh, the humanity!

Daily Digest

Want the best Canberra news delivered daily? Every day we package the most popular Riotact stories and send them straight to your inbox. Sign-up now for trusted local news that will never be behind a paywall.

By submitting your email address you are agreeing to Region Group's terms and conditions and privacy policy.