Siev X memorial kiboshed

johnboy 9 October 2006 3

Yesterday the ABC reported that the plans for a memorial to the refugee boat which went down in international waters but which we should for some reason feel guilty, the SIEV X (it’s Australian designation), have hit a big snag:

“Mr Biddulph says permission had been sought from the NCA for the poles to be temporarily erected for up to three weeks at Weston Park, but the request has been denied…

The NCA says the organisers need to seek permission from the ACT Government before it can consider the proposal.

The memorialists now plan to carry the poles around instead.


What's Your Opinion?


Please login to post your comments, or connect with
3 Responses to Siev X memorial kiboshed
Filter
Order
Pandy Pandy 7:17 pm 09 Oct 06

Sonic should get his own “household” in order first.

Ari Ari 4:06 pm 09 Oct 06

Organiser: “But it will only last for about five minutes because that is as long as we can safely hold them up.”,/i>

I find that funny on quite a few levels.

Mr Evil Mr Evil 4:00 pm 09 Oct 06

Yay, the NCA does something good for a change!

Of course, Stanhope will no doubt grant them permission because it’s another chance for him to prance around in the limelight whilst forgeting about the boring and unpalitable stuff like fixing the ACT Budget, dealing with stuff ups in the 2003 bushfires, etc.

CBR Tweets

Sign up to our newsletter

Top

Search across the site