Here’s a quick (but certainly not exhaustive) guide to some of the places that are open in Canberra on Good Friday 14 April 2017.
Cafes and restaurants
- 38 Espresso in Kingston open Friday 1-7pm (fish and chips only), open 8am-1pm Saturday, Sunday and Monday (4/2 Trevillian Quay, Kingston)
- Akiba in Civic open every day (40 Bunda Street, Civic)
- Barrio in Braddon open 8am-1pm every day (59/30 Lonsdale St, Braddon)
- Bittersweet in Kingston open every day 8am-4pm (Green Square, Kingston)
- Elk and Pea in Braddon open 7am-3pm every day (21 Lonsdale St, Braddon)
- Hopscotch in Braddon open Friday, Saturday and Sunday, closed Monday (5 Lonsdale St, Braddon)
- Joe’s Bar in Kingston open Friday and Saturday from 4pm (69 Canberra Avenue, Kingston)
- Meating Room in Weston Creek open Friday from 3pm, Saturday and Sunday from 8am. Closed Monday (45 Liardet Street, Weston Creek)
- Monster Kitchen and Bar in NewAction open every day (25 Edinburgh Ave, NewActon)
- Ostani Bar and Restaurant in Barton open every day (Hotel Realm, 18 National Circuit, Barton)
- Public in Manuka open every day (Flinders Way and Franklin Street, Manuka)
- The Duxton in O’Connor open every day (Macpherson St, O’Connor)
- Urban Pantry in Manuka open all weekend (5 Bougainville Street, Manuka)
- Walt and Burley in Kingston open every day (70/17 Eastlakes Parade, Kingston)
Most of the large supermarkets are closed on Good Friday. Your local IGA is a good bet though.
IGA Ainslie, IGA Banks, IGA Deakin, IGA Drakeford, IGA Gordon, IGA Kingston, IGA Lyneham, IGA O’Connor, IGA Yarralumla and IGA X-Press East Row are all confirmed as being open.
Attractions, entertainment and other
As with Christmas Day, Canberra’s cinemas – including Hoyts, Limelight and Palace Electric, are open on Good Friday.
For other ideas check out our five things to do around Canberra this Easter long weekend article.
Also worth checking out our what’s on these school holidays article.
Waste and recycling
Any collections scheduled for Good Friday (April 14) will occur now on Saturday (April 15).
What have we missed? Let us know in the comments in you know of any other place open on Good Friday in Canberra.