Candidates, the readers of RiotACT are your voters and they have questions for you! If you’d like to answer those questions and prove you care what your voters think then email us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
It is my firm belief that, in all sincerity, those in a condition to be considering euthanasia should not have to waste precious seconds on slow and uncomfortable travel. This also applies to their families, and it but one of the many benefits that a HSR network would provide to those whose time is more precious than most.
2. Do you support a High Speed Rail Link between Sydney/Canberra/Melbourne?
Absolutely! We support all types of transport that single handedly boost the economy with over 100 000 jobs, have huge financial return rates on investment, make significant contributions to the ecological sustainability of our nation and connect regional Australia. In short, we support the bullet train!
3. Are you comfortable with the distribution of wealth in modern day Australia?
There has yet to be a system of distribution of wealth that is perfect, and ours is certainly not an exception to this. But instead of robin hood style taking from the rich to give to the poor, I believe that we should give those without opportunity the chance to have a better situation. The creation of over 100 000 jobs and the accessibility of those (and future) jobs along the east coast would significantly better the lives, and hopefully the wallet, of all Australians involved.
4. Recent polling (Auspoll) shows housing affordability to be a critical issue for a majority of Australians, with 84% of respondents saying it was important to them or their families, putting housing affordability ahead of issues such as education, border security, the NBN and NDIS.
The same poll also revealed that 84% of respondents also believe that Australia is not performing well on housing affordability.
Australian Governments are failing badly on this issue of critical importance to Australians.
What would you do to improve housing affordability?
By implementing HSR travel, it would open up reasonable possibility of living outside of the major cities. This means spreading the population density along the east coast, and opening up previous inaccessible and highly affordable tracts of land to commuters. By effect the availability of affordable housing rises.
5. To me the NBN seems like a great idea, can you tell me why you think it’s ace/a dumb idea.
The NBN is fantastic, as it allows people to share their love of HSR and bullet trains at higher speeds than ever before!
6. Do you think cyclists should be registered?!
Only if riding on the bullet train tracks.
7. What is your position on gay marriage?
regardless of sexual orientation or marital status, all people would be welcomed on Australia’s bullet train network
8. Would you be willing to cross the floor on matters of strong personal conscience or of significant concern for your electorate?
In a case such as this the detailed problem and the ramifications of it on the HSR program would have to be examined in full. It is not possible to globally speculate on matters before the facts can be known.
9. What are your views on the NSA collecting private information of Australian citizens and corporations, of the Australian government’s participation in similar programmes, and of the apparent silence of Australian politicians on the matter?
I think that if we stopped spending money listening in to the bathroom conversations of white house officials and redirected it toward a real solution to many of our domestic issues, say HSR, we’d be half way to Sydney already.
10. We hear so much negativity about the opposition when election time rolls around– what three things do you consider to be positive about any of your opponents and why?
I consider it positive that a) all our opposition has noted the benefits of HSR, b) all our opposition has noted the benefits of a bullet train, and c) all our opposition has noted the benefits of the BTFA Party leading Australia to this eventuality .