Skip to content Skip to main navigation

Ask RiotACT

Quality childcare in a
welcoming & supportive environment

Advice on Residential Aged Care Financial Advisers

By Kurrajong 27 September 2013 4

I would welcome RiotAct feedback on financial planners with specific skills in aged care residential facilities (low care), not general financial planners.

Undertsanding the financial arrangements is not impossible, but it is also not straight forward either wrt to accommodation bonds, income and asset test impacts.  There are many nuances viz renting an aged person’s property instead of selling it.

Does anyone have experiences to share and fee details?  Any strong recommendations on who to meet and who to avoid?

What’s Your opinion?

Please login to post your comments, or connect with
4 Responses to
Advice on Residential Aged Care Financial Advisers
Showing only Website comments
Newest to Oldest
Oldest to Newst
Kurrajong 4:54 pm 27 Sep 13

Thanks for the two responses but both are suppliers. Any clients views welcome.

54-11 2:56 pm 27 Sep 13

Wow, 2 useful posts and not a whisper of angst. What on earth is RA coming to?

mmillercfp 2:17 pm 27 Sep 13

I have done some, but not extensive work with residential aged care. It is usually helpful to have advice early as advance negotiations around the accommodation bond can be important. You can contact me on (02) 6247 1233 or

Another good option is ipac financial care ( Aged care advice is all that they do. They’re based in Sydney & Melbourne but have ties locally with King Financial. Give Mark Connell a call on (02) 6270 9333 if you want to chat with them.

katrinawybrow 12:35 pm 27 Sep 13

I have experience in advising in the Aged Care area and work fee for service. I actually wrote an article for Riot ACT some time ago due to some readers asking questions about this area.
You are right though it is a very specialist area.
Email me on to follow up.
Katrina Wybrow Dip FP CFP

Related Articles

CBR Tweets

Sign up to our newsletter

Copyright © 2018 Riot ACT Holdings Pty Ltd. All rights reserved. | | |

Search across the site