Who doesn’t love treating themselves to a pamper session at a beauty salon? A visit to a beauty salon helps keep your skin and body in great shape. A quality beauty treatment with professional and experienced therapists not only makes you look amazing, it makes you feel amazing. Key is choosing a quality salon. That’s one that’s clean. It’s one that uses quality products and the right equipment.
In this article, we’ll outline the qualities to consider when choosing a beauty salon, and share where to find the best in Canberra.
What makes a great beauty salon?
A great beauty salon offers a suite of services. These range from relaxation experiences to dealing with complex skin problems. Choosing the right salon for your needs gives you confidence you’ll enjoy your session, without stress.
It can be helpful to keep the following in mind when choosing a beauty salon.
- Range of treatments. The best beauty salons offer a healthy range of treatments. This can include facials, massages, body treatments, waxing, tanning and tinting. If you want something specific, a great beauty salon will offer the exact service that you’re looking for.
- Training and qualifications. Beauty therapists in Canberra require a formal qualification at a technical and further education (TAFE) institute. This could include a Certificate III in Beauty Services or a Certificate IV in Beauty Therapy. Check what training and experience your therapist has.
- Clean treatment rooms. Hygiene is important with beauty treatments. You’ll want a clean and tidy salon. Make sure your therapist cleans their equipment between clients.
- Atmosphere. If rest and relaxation is important, choose a beauty salon with a spa-like atmosphere so you can unwind. This could be one with a soothing décor, relaxing music and mood lighting. If you’re in for a quick treatment, like a leg wax, you might not mind a salon with more buzz.
- Friendly staff. If this is your first time visiting a salon, you’ll want to feel comfortable and assured. The best salons have friendly, welcoming staff that can answer any questions and make you feel at ease.
The best beauty salons in Canberra
RiotACT’s editorial team has combed through 20 years of on-site comments to compile a list of the most recommended businesses according to you.
To be listed in our Best of Canberra series, each business needs to have consistently received positive feedback on RiotACT and Facebook as well as maintaining a minimum average of 4/5 stars on Google.
Endota Spa Canberra replenishes minds, bodies and souls. Expert therapists specialise in a wide range of facials, with something for every skin age and type. Massage treatments are available. So is a menu of beauty services, including waxing, tanning, tinting, manicures and pedicures. Rejuvenating spa packages include a consultation with a therapist. Endota uses organic, natural, Australian made skincare.
On Google, Layla Phillips wrote, “I cannot recommend Endota enough! Amazing service from start to end.”
Jindii EcoSpa makes clients feel revitalised, recharged and replenished. Spa rituals include massages, facials, hand and feet treatments, and spray tanning. Special packages are available. Jindii EcoSpa uses quality Australian made and natural products. Clients can buy products they love in the extensive retail section.
On the Riot Act, Wendy Johnson wrote, “One of my top picks is Jindii Eco Spa at Australian National Botanic Gardens. The spa is beautiful, spacious and clean. Qualified staff are caring …”
Hale Spa offers an extensive menu of beauty treatments, all in a luxurious setting. Treatments include anti-aging, specialised and traditional facials. Hale also has range of high-performance facials and light-therapy treatments. Massages include deep tissue, remedial and aromatic stone. Guests have access to the spa’s private guest lounge.
On Google, Marianna Tolo wrote, “What a lovely treat this spa was. They have a sauna and steam room to use. And a lovely little lounge area with bar snacks and tea and drinks.”
Enhance Skin Care’s highly regarded skin care specialists know clients want healthy, radiant and glowing-from-within skin. Therapists specialise in skin care, firming dermalift and cosmetic tattooing. They’re experienced with regular skin and more serious skin concerns, including wrinkles, rosacea, redness, acne, scarring and pigmentation.
On Google, Lianne Smith, “My therapist was warm and friendly and very knowledgeable. I had great customer service from the phone call to book my appointment through to treatment. Great experience.”
Spa Mint believes beauty is the health and wellbeing of the mind, body and soul. Luxurious facials use essential oils and other leading organic products. All are designed to smooth, regenerate and help with wrinkles and ageing. Spa Mint offers a menu of massage treatments. It also has a range of add-on treatments like scrubs and a detox dry brush.
Grace Connelly wrote on Google, “Two amazing experiences here and many more to come!”
At Mudd The Spa, highly qualified therapists use the latest technologies and techniques. A wide range of treatments are available, including for face, body, hand and foot. Waxing, Vichy shower and performance body treatments are also on the menu. Mudd The Spa designs packages special seasonal treatments for men and women.
Jane Laguna wrote on Google, “I had an incredible experience … The spa is luxurious, and you feel calm and relaxed as soon as you arrive.”
If you’re looking for more information on beauty treatments in Canberra, you might like our articles on the best facial specialists, best day spas, best acne scar treatment specialists, best microblading specialists and best waxing salons Canberra has to offer.
Your experience with the best salons in Canberra
Thanks to our commenters who have provided insightful feedback. If you believe we have got it wrong, please let us know.
Have you had experience with any of the beauty salons listed above? If so, share your feedback in the comments below.