Chief Minister Gallagher has announced Brumby based activities leading up to Saturday night’s date with destiny:
Arrangements are being made to generate local Brumbies pride across the city. So far we can confirm that on Friday and Saturday nights:
• The Lake Burley Griffin (Captain Cook memorial jet) fountain will be blue;
• The National Carillion will be gold;
• Telstra Tower will be blue;
• The Museum of Australian Democracy will be lit in Brumbies blue and gold; and
• Civic Square and Canberra Times fountains will be coloured gold.
In addition, the Erindale Vikings Auditorium will be devoted to families so they can watch the game on the big screen and will be providing free kids events like face painting, colouring-in corner, balloon modelling and special kid’s meal deals. A number of other ACT clubs will be broadcasting the game live with families welcome. A full list can be found at www.clubsact.com.au.
Brumbies Rugby have also generously donated a double membership for the 2014 season to be donated to the business or organisation who best displays their Brumbies spirit over the next few days. So get your gold and blue decorations out and send the photos to firstname.lastname@example.org .
If you also want to send your pics in to the rather more memorable email@example.com that would be ace.