To date the Liberals have not managed to get any response to yesterday’s budget online.
But as responses come in we’ll post them here.
1) First off the rank is the Canberra Symphony Orchestra. They’re thrilled:
The Canberra Symphony Orchestra efforts to bring classical music to ACT school children through the highly successful Noteworthy program have been boosted thanks to funding confirmed today by the ACT Government.
The 2011-2012 Budget includes funding of $201,000 over three years for Noteworthy, matching the generous support that’s been provided by the Macquarie Group Foundation since the program’s inception in 2007.
Canberra Symphony Orchestra CEO Henry Laska said the organisation welcomed the funding to secure the future of Noteworthy, allowing the organisation to expand and develop the popular educational program.
2) The Greens have emailed in an omnibus dump of their thoughts. The headlines read:
- 1. Glimmers of a green shift in the Budget
2. Mental Health funding increase
3. Greens win funds to help insulate households against electricity price rises
4. Small steps on transport planning; more needed
5. Kippax gets Blue Ribbon bus service
6. Government takes wrong turn on Majura Parkway
7. Building quality and energy efficiency
8. Funding for better planning
9. Government takes wrong approach to Wheelchair Accessible Taxi Problem
10. Disability Education
11. Small biodiversity wins won’t solve the larger problem
12. Welcome boost to housing for vulnerable people
13. Urban Trees renewal re-funded
14. New Street Law staff will need a desk
15. Finally, street level recycling for Civic
16. Organic waste inaction to put pressure on landfill
17. Cuts to community sector looming
18. Greens question Government’s funding strategy for birthing services
19. Young people transitioning out of care funding boost welcomed
20. Greens Swimmingly Successful
21. Greens Light the way on Active Transport
22. Community sport emphasis welcome
The Greens have also released a table on “Key ACT Greens Items”.
If you’ve got a budget response send it in to email@example.com .