Skip to content Skip to main navigation

News

Skilled legal advice with
accessible & personal attention

Electrical fault starts sports centre fire at Tuggeranong

By Canfan - 16 December 2015 0

Cowlishaw Street, Tuggeranong

An electrical fault is to blame for a fire at the Tuggeranong Indoor Sports Centre on Cowlishaw Street.

ACT Fire & Rescue were alerted to the incident by an Automatic Fire Alarm (AFA) after midnight.

The fire took hold in the wall cavity near courts three and four before spreading to a section of the roof. Firefighters knocked down parts of the wall to access the fire. A large amount of smoke was visible outside the building.

Two pumpers and a commander attended the incident.

Ventilations operations were conducted before crews left the scene.

Damage is estimated at $20,000.

What’s Your opinion?


Post a comment
Please login to post your comments, or connect with

Related Articles

CBR Tweets

Sign up to our newsletter

Top
Copyright © 2017 Riot ACT Holdings Pty Ltd. All rights reserved.
www.the-riotact.com | www.b2bmagazine.com.au | www.thisiscanberra.com

Search across the site