Skip to content Skip to main navigation

News

Avani Terraces - Greenway
Life is looking up

Fire in Downer

By johnboy - 10 September 2010 8

This in from the ESA:

7:35am Friday 10 September 2010 – Working smoke alarm leads to quick escape A woman has had a lucky escape from a house fire in Canberra’s south this morning.

The woman was woken by a working smoke alarm just after 2 o’clock and safely escaped her home in Bonython Street at Downer and called emergency triple zero.

The ACT Fire Brigade responded with three fire pumpers with crews quickly extinguishing a small fire in the laundry of the property.

Only minor smoke logging was caused.

Fire investigators have determined the fire started in a dryer.

What’s Your opinion?


Post a comment
Please login to post your comments, or connect with
8 Responses to
Fire in Downer
Jivrashia 5:17 pm 10 Sep 10

….Working smoke alarm leads to quick escape…

… The woman was woken by a working smoke alarm…

Okay, okay! We get your message.
I’ll go change the batteries in those darn things this weekend.

tiliqua 2:46 pm 10 Sep 10

Tooks said :

Downer is in Canberra’s south?

No but Bonython is. She’s lucky ESA didn’t dispatch a fire brigade unit from Greenway station…

davecdp 1:03 pm 10 Sep 10

“The woman was woken by a working smoke alarm just after 2 o’clock “

Who uses the dryer at 2am? maybe she was having an afternoon nap.

Holden Caulfield 11:00 am 10 Sep 10

dtc said :

essfer said :

Clean your lint filters people. Whether that was the cause of this or not, clogged filters in dryers cause fires – plain and simple.

Or use a clothes line.

Even better, with the recent weather you don’t need a rinse cycle either.

Holden Caulfield 10:33 am 10 Sep 10

What’s the go, is it Fire Week in Canberra or something?

dtc 9:57 am 10 Sep 10

essfer said :

Clean your lint filters people. Whether that was the cause of this or not, clogged filters in dryers cause fires – plain and simple.

Or use a clothes line.

Tooks 9:39 am 10 Sep 10

Downer is in Canberra’s south?

essfer 9:36 am 10 Sep 10

Clean your lint filters people. Whether that was the cause of this or not, clogged filters in dryers cause fires – plain and simple.

Related Articles

CBR Tweets

Sign up to our newsletter

Top
Copyright © 2017 Riot ACT Holdings Pty Ltd. All rights reserved.
www.the-riotact.com | www.b2bmagazine.com.au | www.thisiscanberra.com

Search across the site