Skip to content Skip to main navigation

News

Chamberlains - complete legal services for business

Hunting the dark matter in three minutes

By johnboy - 16 September 2013 2

ANU has just posted this for our edification:

Did you know we can only see 15% of the universe? The other 85% is known as dark matter and cannot be observed directly. So how do we study something we can’t see?

In this video, Suryashree Aniyan condenses her PhD down to three minutes for the Three Minute Thesis competition, explaining how she searches for clues on dark matter by observing things that we can observe, such as gravity.

screenshot

What’s Your opinion?


Post a comment
Please login to post your comments, or connect with
2 Responses to
Hunting the dark matter in three minutes
Deref 2:18 pm 16 Sep 13

😀 Brilliant!

Gungahlin Al 1:20 pm 16 Sep 13

Tickets for this event are available here: https://anu3mtfinal.eventbrite.com.au/

Prior to it, Robyn Williams will present: Promise of miracles? The popularity, politics and future of science. Tickets here: https://robynwilliams.eventbrite.com.au/

Both on Wednesday 18th.

Related Articles

CBR Tweets

Sign up to our newsletter

Top
Copyright © 2017 Riot ACT Holdings Pty Ltd. All rights reserved.
www.the-riotact.com | www.b2bmagazine.com.au | www.thisiscanberra.com

Search across the site