Those who live or work near Manuka may have noticed a new bike shop which recently opened its doors at Shop 5, 1 Franklin Street (just opposite Coles).
For The Love of Bikes is a DIY bike repair shop that employs and empowers those in need, training them in bike mechanics and other skills. They also have bikes they’ve repaired and restored for sale at the front of the shop which I’m told are going like hotcakes! This 100 per cent not for profit is holding a raffle to support the work as they go into the colder months. Check it out here https://www.fortheloveofbikes.com.au/raffle.
Enter For The Love of Bikes Community Raffle for your chance to win and support this new local charity. The Lucky Winner will enjoy a prize package which has been generously donated by local Canberra businesses. The prizes include:
- A 1 hour Road or MTB skills session for you and two friends with Ride Technics Australia valued at $450;
- A 3 Month Gym Membership at Alive! Health & Fitness Narrabundah valued at $449;
- A set of European made Mitas Tyres for either your road, mountain or commuter bike, valued up to $180;
- Roasted coffee and a Keep Cup from the ONA Coffee Roastery in Fyshwick valued at $60;
- A 1 hour Work Bay + Mechanic Hire at the For The Love of Bikes Workshop valued at $65.
That’s a total value of over $1200! Tickets cost $50 and there are only 300 tickets up for grabs, so be quick and don’t miss out! You can buy more than one ticket so enter multiple times to increase your chances of winning. The winner will be announced on Thursday, 12 April 2018 at 1:30 pm.
For The Love of Bikes is a community DIY bicycle workshop that employs and empowers those in need. They believe that bicycles can change lives and are dedicated to providing opportunities to marginalised and disadvantaged members of the ACT community.
Come fix your bike, learn some new skills, buy parts and accessories and help support your local community.