[First filed: Nov 10, 2010 @ 9:08]
For most ladies (and a lot of men), a relationship with a hairdresser that understands exactly what you want for your hair is worth climbing over broken glass for. Peta and the team at Gold Creek Hair have run their salon on that philosophy for the last 10 years. Here are their top five tips for finding the right hairdresser and getting the style you want.
1) Communication is King – Stylists style hair; they don’t read minds, communicating what you want your hair to look and feel like is one of the most important factors in getting the results you desire.
2) Know what you want – Think carefully about the cut you want. Asking the stylist to do whatever they think is best could end in disaster! Magazines are a great starting point to find the styles, shapes and colours that will suit you best. Discuss the ideas you have with your stylist and see how they will suit your hair’s shape, texture and growth patterns.
3) Be specific – Saying you want a “short cut” could have you walking out looking like anything from G.I. Joe to Ellen DeGeneres. The more specific you are with your instructions, the better your chances of getting the perfect style. Use specific measurements like “10cm below my shoulders” and don’t forget to bring in those pictures from the magazines.
4) Get to know your stylist – You won’t build a relationship in just one cut, however it’s a great idea to get to know your stylist. Not only will it give your conversations more substantial topics than the last week’s weather patterns, a stylist who knows you on some degree of a personal level will be more likely to understand exactly what you want for your hair.
5) Before you commit yourself, ask for a free consultation – Client focussed salons should offer a free consultation service to allow you to meet their stylists, assess your hair and help you plan your perfect style. Consulting with the stylist first allows you to get an insight to their ability and willingness to follow your instructions before you are committed to an appointment.
To celebrate their 10th Anniversary, Gold Creek Hair are offering free hair treatments as part of their obligation free consultation service during November and December. Hair treatments make styling easier, leave your hair feeling silky smooth and most importantly looking fantastic! To sign up for your obligation free treatment and consultation call 6230 9990 or register online at www.goldcreekhair.com
Got a good tip for getting great results with your stylist or want to find out more about Gold Creek Hair and their 10th Anniversary Free Treatment Special? Post a comment below…