The young and the old – everyone loves mini golf! Where else can you putt a golf ball with a tiny golf club at a plastic alligator or model windmill?
If you are planning a fun day out for the kids, or are looking to challenge your friends’ coordination, you might be searching for the best mini golf courses in Canberra. Well, you’re in luck.
In this article, we’ll share our top picks for mini-golf courses in the region – these are sure to put a smile on anyone’s face! Let’s get started.
What makes an incredible mini golf course?
Not sure what to look for in a mini-golf course? We’ve got you covered. Keep an eye out for the following family-friendly traits:
- Out-of-this-world holes. One of the coolest things about mini golf courses are the themed holes. Featuring a wild array of creatures, monuments, and other decorations, the best putt-putt golf courses take their theming seriously.
- Challenging, but not too challenging. Mini golf is great for kids, that is if the holes are not too challenging. No one wants to stand around for 30 minutes waiting for each player to finish the hole.
- Well priced. You don’t want to pay an arm and a leg for your family to have a hit at the mini-golf course. Prices should be reasonable and should include club and ball hire.
- One of the key issues with sub-par mini golf courses is the length – they are far too short. The best mini golf courses are long enough to keep you entertained for an hour or so.
- Friendly staff.No matter where you are, rude, unhelpful staff can put a dampener on the experience.
The top mini golf courses in Canberra
RiotACT’s editorial team has combed through 19 years of on-site comments to compile a list of the most recommended businesses according to you.
To be listed in our Best of Canberra series, each business needs to have consistently received positive feedback on RiotACT and maintain a minimum average of 4/5 stars on both Google and Facebook reviews.
Get ready to have a whole load of fun. Here are our top picks for mini-golf courses in the Canberra region.
What’s cooler than mini golf? Glow in the dark mini golf! The Jungle Golf mini-golf course at Powerkart Raceway is now open – and it’s the first of its kind in Canberra.
The 18 inventive holes, all of which are jungle themed, are illuminated by special UV lighting, adding a whole new dimension to the game. The indoor course is air-conditioned, takes about 45 minutes to complete, and is suitable for all ages. Plus, when you’re done, why not have a go on the go-kart race track?
The Lake Walter Miniature Golf course at the Yarralumla Play Station is truly spectacular. With 36 unique holes offering over 1800m2 of putting surface, it’s one of the largest mini golf courses in the country.
Committed to maintaining the antique feel of mini golf, the Lake Walter Miniature Golf course includes some marvellous to-scale adaptations of national landmarks. These include the Parliamentary Triangle and both the Commonwealth and Kings Avenue Bridges.
Mini Golf King is an American-style, themed indoor mini golf centre offering 18 holes of fun. Whatever the weather, you can experience the Pharaoh’s Tomb, the Dragon’s Lair, and the Lost Jungle!
Who did you pick?
Thanks to our commentators who have provided insightful feedback on the best and worst Canberra Mini Golf Courses.
If you believe we have got it wrong, please let us know.
Please comment below detailing your experience with Canberra based Mini Golf Courses? Who would you recommend? Who would you use again? Who would you steer clear of?