This week’s RiotACT Gig Guide features Canberran indie rock sensation Signs & Symbols, who will be playing Saturday night with Melbourne legends Mesa Cosa and local surf-rockers Space Party at the Phoenix. They released an EP a couple of months ago and never seem to not be playing on any given week. Come along on Saturday and check ’em out!
Wednesday night won’t be quiet this week, with a huge show planned at the Phoenix, as Jess Locke releases her new album ‘Universe’ with the aide of Azim Zain & His Lovely Bones and Helena Pop. There is a stack happening this Thursday too, with Clove travelling from Victoria to play at The Front with Teen Jesus, Turn South and Elk Locker from 7 pm, while a huge line-up is ready to go at the Basement, with Furzs, KG, Chillin It, Theory and many more on the bill.
Friday night will see the release of Shoeb Ahmad’s second single “romance”, off the hotly-anticipated LP “quiver”. The launch will be at Mulgara, with Kellie Lloyd, Video Breezy and Sleeping Dogs also on the bill. The brilliant punk rockers Garry David will make the trek from Sydney to play with Okinawa Girls at Smith’s Alternative, while the Mouldy Lovers will play the Phoenix and Tristen Bird launches his new single ‘Yonder Comes the Sun’ at The Front with Laura Clarke.
Lastly, the Majors Creek Festival is on from the 10th of November to the 12th, with a huge array of musos, from Mikelangelo, Charm of Finches, William Crighton and others. Check out more details on who’s playing here.
- Jess Locke ‘Universe’ album launch w/ Azim Zain & His Lovely Bones and Helena Pop @ The Phoenix, 8 pm start
- Last Leaves w/ Math & Physics Club @ Smith’s Alternative, 9.30 – 11.30 pm
- Robbie plays Willie ‘The Lion’ Smith and James P. Jackson @ Smith’s Alternative, 7 – 9 pm
- Clove w/ Teen Jesus & The Jean Teasers, Turn South and Elk Locker @ The Front Gallery & Cafe, 7 pm start
- Furzs, KG, Chillin It, Flimzy, Ja-Kee, J Mez, Cappo, Theory and more @ The Basement, 7 pm start
- The Belligerents ‘Science Fiction’ tour w/ Bus Vipers and Sally Chicane @ Transit Bar, 8 pm start
- Piss Weak Karaoke @ The Phoenix, 9 pm start
- Zackerbilks @ Smith’s Alternative, 9.30 – 11.30 pm
- Pete Lyon @ Smith’s Alternative, 4.30 – 6 pm
- Shoeb Ahmad “romance” single launch w/ Kellie Lloyd, Video Breezy and Sleeping Døgs @ Mulgara, 6.30 – 9.30 pm
- Garry David w/ Okinawa Girls @ Smith’s Alternative, 7 – 9 pm
- Bong Mountain and The Eradicator w/ Sketch Method and Semen & Garfuckel @ Transit Bar, 8 pm start
- Belco Blitz: Taliesin, Cockbelch, Black Mountain Black Metal and The Sins of Aahnuus @ The Basement, 8 pm start
- Tristen Bird ‘Yonder Comes the Sun’ single launch w/ Laura Clarke @ The Front Gallery & Cafe, 8 pm start
- The Mouldy Lovers ‘Boondock’ east coast tour, Brother Be and Brass Knuckle Brass Band @ The Phoenix, 8 pm start
- Lady Luck w/ Ben Camden @ Smith’s Alternative, 7 – 9 pm
- Gretta Ziller and Great Aunt @ The Front Gallery & Cafe, 8 pm start
- Mesa Cosa w/ Signs & Symbols and Space Party @ The Phoenix, 9 pm start
- Josh Buckler’s Farewell w/ Pork Knuckle Brass Band, Parlour Social, Zackerbilks, East Row Rabble and Crass Buckles Brass Band @ Smith’s Alternative, 11 am – 6 pm
- Josh Pyke ‘Memories & Dust’ tour @ Canberra Theatre Centre, 7 pm start [SOLD OUT]
- James Kenyon Band @ Smith’s Alternative, 5.30 – 7 pm
- 2XX LocalnLive Presents The Bootlegs Sessions: Click Cult, Ben the Red, FauxPaw and Jamison K @ The Phoenix, 8 pm start
- Old Timey Tuesday @ Smith’s Alternative, 7 – 11 pm