The ACT Greens today launched a program to address the upkeep of Canberra’s water features. The Cleaner Lakes and Waterways program is costing $30.5 million and includes:
· $250,000 for an integrated management plan for Molonglo Catchment
· $185,000 for carp reduction
· $1.15 million over 4 years to implement the Lake Burley Griffin Willow Management Plan
Weekly NewsletterEvery Thursday afternoon, we package up the most-read and trending RiotACT stories of the past seven days and deliver straight to your inbox..
· $75,000 to assess the benefits of restoring water plants
· $50,000 for TAMS to investigate and monitor pollution hotspots
· $30,000 for review how street sweeping regimes can better reduce water pollution
· Working with the QBN City Council to update Queanbeyan Sewage Plant’s Treatment Standards
as well as a fund for community education and $25.8 million over four years to build wetlands at the Ginninderra Creek, Tuggeranong and Yarralumla Creek catchments.