Perhaps you are searching for somewhere to stay on your next family vacation? Or looking for some business-friendly accommodation on your extended work trip in our nation’s capital? Maybe you are hunting for somewhere comfortable for the in-laws to stay when they are next in town?
Regardless of your intentions, it sounds like you are doing the rounds on accommodation options here in Canberra. The good news is that our beautiful region has it all. From the most luxurious hotels through to boutique bed and breakfasts every traveller style is catered to.
Ultimately if what you are looking for is a home away from home then you have come to the right place. Canberra’s serviced apartments provide the best of both worlds. Beautiful accommodation with everything at your fingertips, and more than ample space to unwind after a busy day.
Indeed, serviced apartments are a favoured accommodation type for many travellers. Often, they provide loads more space with just as many features as a typical hotel room. They also allow for greater flexibility in terms of travelling group size – and of course style.
Whether you are travelling for business or leisure, chances are you want only the best that your money can buy. And, in a world of dicey online advertising finding the right serviced apartment is not an easy task.
Fortunately, we have rounded up the best serviced apartments in the Canberra region. Read on below to find out more.
What makes a great serviced apartment?
Great serviced apartments offer carefree nights away for both short and long-term travellers. They are full to the brim with features that make you feel as though you were right at home. To help evaluate serviced apartments on your list we suggest you consider the following:
- Home away from home. One of the biggest draw cards of serviced apartment accommodation is that home away from home feeling. Much like your humble abode, the average serviced apartment contains all the comforts of modern life. From fully equipped kitchens and laundries all the way through to entertainment and technology, most serviced apartments have it all. But be careful – one should never assume! Always research apartment features to ensure your requirements are catered to. Things like heating or cooling, elevator access, secure parking and Wi-Fi may not be a given. If in doubt, contact the property directly and request this information in writing.
- Amenities aplenty. Some of the best serviced apartments boast amenities akin to those found in hotels. Things like business centres, indoor or outdoor pools, and gymnasiums can also be found amongst many serviced apartments. For families, outdoor entertainment, and barbeque areas, along with secure parking can also be a huge bonus. And, if the serviced apartment is within a hotel, there may also be a range of dining options on offer. So, consider your musts versus nice-to-have’s and prioritise options accordingly.
- Centrally located. As with all accommodation options, determining your ideal location will depend on why you are travelling. Business travellers may prefer the hustle and bustle of the city, walking distance to quick dining options. Leisure travellers may prefer to be near cultural icons, entertainment venues, and retailers. Regardless, proximity to transport will be key, so ensure you research this component well to make getting around a breeze.
- Excellent housekeeping. After a lengthy day’s travel there is nothing worse than arriving at your accommodation to discover questionable standards of cleanliness. And while individual expectations do vary one thing is for certain; all travellers want to feel at ease. The best serviced apartments know this well. For them, cleanliness is a badge to wear with pride. They employ only the best housekeeping teams that do more than a mere spray and wipe. Furthermore, the provide options making them available at a higher frequency as needed. So, review housekeeping frequency along with inclusions such as bedroom and bathroom linen, along with associated costs for extra servicing. And check reviews from past clients for added peace of mind.
- Customised experience. Staying at a serviced apartment does not mean you need to miss out that special customer experience. Many serviced apartments are supported by round the clock property staff to ensure all client needs are addressed. For that something special consider apartments who offer additional inclusions that personalise your stay. Be it little things like bubbles on arrival or meal kits to order, through to car rental and beauty or wellness services. It all really depends on your needs, and of course your budget.
The best serviced accommodation in Canberra
RiotACT’s editorial team has combed through 20 years of on-site comments to compile a list of the most recommended businesses according to you.
To be listed in our Best of Canberra series, each business needs to have consistently received positive feedback on RiotACT and Facebook as well as maintaining a minimum average of 4/5 stars on Google.
Accommodate Canberra was born from the integration of a seasoned property management company and an accommodation supplier who identified the need for exclusive, luxurious, and affordable accommodation options in Canberra.
What sets the Accommodate Canberra apart is their unrivalled access to elegantly appointed executive style serviced apartment accommodation in the regions most prestigious residential complexes and social precincts.
With a choice of one, two, or three-bedroom apartments, each are fully furnished with all the amenities enjoyed at home. This means equipped kitchens and laundries, spacious dining, in and outdoor living, along with a wonderful night’s rest.
Boasting over eighty properties seeded in numerous locations across the cultural heart of Canberra, the regions glorious eateries and local attractions are only a stone’s throw away. Key locations include Kingston, Braddon, Barton, Glebe Park, Canberra City and more. For that true home away from home feeling Accommodate Canberra is top of the list.
Kim Godinet shared this glowing review on Google, “Stunning apartments in perfect location in Canberra. Incredibly furnished which was a plus for me as I had a long-term stay. Staff are friendly and responsive. Would definitely recommend.”
Newcomer A by Adina Canberra sets a new precedent in the luxury serviced apartment space. Architecturally designed and situated in the business heart of Canberra it resides on the doorstep of the Parliamentary Triangle and Lake Burley Griffin.
Behind the stunning glass-fronted façade are 130 rooms, from studios through to one and two-bedroom apartments. With secure parking, a gym, and 24-hour reception, it also features a blend of dining and retail options for added convenience and choice. For a refined stay oozing in sophistication look to A by Adina Canberra.
Abby Hoff had this to say on Google, “Was a beautiful place to stay. Very comfortable beds, little kitchenette was super handy. Staff were amazing and super friendly. Will stay there again when in Canberra. Thank you!”
Located in the prestigious Manhattan on the Park building, Birch Apartments feature six exceptionally styled one and two-bedroom apartments.
All apartments include large open plan living, dining and kitchen spaces, with floor-to-ceiling windows and private balconies. The opulent bedroom and bathroom spaces come with linens and essentials, and guests are welcomed with a gift pack on arrival.
Extra amenities include an outdoor pool, gymnasium, secure parking, and manicured gardens. For a private and luxurious extended stay of one to six months look to Birch Apartments Canberra.
Adrian Giles shared this wonderful review on Google, “Perfect location, great view and luxury amenities.”
Located in an architectural delight, Nishi Apartments Eco Living by Ovolo is the perfect place to embrace a cultural stay in Canberra.
The forging of Australian landscape characteristics with original art and vintage furnishings provides an utterly unique feel. With studios through to two-bedroom apartments each are designed with passive cooling and hydronic heating in mind.
Apartments feature a fully kitted kitchen, self-service laundry facilities and Wi-Fi, with deluxe options including a swag of entertainment extras like Apple TV. For a serviced stay that appeals to the creative at heart look to Nishi Apartments by Ovolo.
Josephine Gregorie shared this review on Google, “Excellent service – it all started with the professional warm welcome and clear instructions at the check in desk. Super comfortable, modern, clean and great service.”
Located in Barton, Burbury Apartments are known for their contemporary design conceived for the business visitor and discerning traveller alike. Residing amongst the Burbury Hotel, guests have access to a variety of precinct amenities including dining options, hair salon, health club and day spa.
Burbury Apartments off a mix of one and two-bedroom architecturally designed apartments. Each features a full-size kitchen, king size beds with luxurious bathrooms, Smart TVs, washing and drying machines, balconies, undercover secure parking, and complimentary Wi-Fi. For carefree travel look to Burbury Apartments.
A past traveller shared this review of their experience on a booking website, “The size and layout of the apartment is awesome. We were extremely happy with our stay, and we will definitely be back.”
To compare your stay with hotel options be sure to read our article on the best hotels in Canberra. If you’d like some ideas what to do whilst staying in Canberra, check out our article on the top 10 places to visit.
For some great casual dining options in Canberra, see our articles on the best pubs, the best gastropubs, and the best steakhouses Canberra has to offer. For more sparkle our articles on the best restaurants and the best fine dining in Canberra may help.
Your experience with serviced apartments in Canberra
Thanks to our commenters who have provided insightful feedback. If you believe we have got it wrong, please let us know.
Have you had experience with any of the car service centres listed above? If so, share your feedback in the comments below.