Budding Theatre is pleased to launch its much-anticipated school holiday program for children and teenagers aged eight to sixteen. Over five days, participants will learn about the fundamentals of:
• Performance (audition skills; interpreting text; taking direction; inhabiting character)
• Playwriting (structure; style; creative inspiration & process)
• Directing (blocking; working with actors; artistic imagination)
• Stage Management (organisation and communication skills)
• Sound & Lighting (technical script cues; sound & lighting effects)
These fundamentals will be taught through engaging individual and group activities encouraging a holistic appreciation of the various elements of the theatre and the value of teamwork in synthesizing these elements. Participants will choose an area of specialization for their contribution to the final performance for parents scheduled for 5pm, Friday 24th April.
Budding Theatre has established itself as one of the most exciting companies for young people in Canberra. In 2014, it was nominated for five Canberra Area Theatre Awards in the areas of acting, production, playwriting and musical composition. Helmed by a qualified teacher and playwright, the holiday program will be an inspirational experience for any young person with an interest in theatre.
Places are limited; bookings can be made here.
When: 9am-5pm, Monday 20-Friday 24 April
Where: Performing Arts Services Hub, Suite 301, 20 Allara St, City