A great smile can be your biggest asset.
If you or your child suffer from crooked teeth, a bad bite, or misaligned jaw you will require the services of an orthodontist. An orthodontist is a dentist who has undertaken an extra three years of specialist training at university.
Largely known for straightening teeth, orthodontists provide a number of treatment options for children, teenagers, and adults including fixed and removable plates, metal braces, ceramic braces, invisible braces, and clear aligners.
A good orthodontist will make sure you or your child get the correct procedure for your problem, and hopefully, your new smile will give you or your child a renewed sense of confidence.
What Makes a Good Orthodontist?
How do you know your orthodontist is the right one for you or your child? Ask yourself if they have these qualities of a great orthodontist.
- Impeccable qualifications and reputation. When it comes to a great smile, the results speak for themselves. Don’t be afraid to ask your orthodontist about their qualifications and experience. Some orthodontists have before and after photo’s on their website so you can get an idea of what to expect.
- Latest technology. Staying up to date with current techniques and equipment means you get the best possible outcome in the shortest time necessary.
- Orthodontics work is not cheap. Your first worry may be, how will I pay for this? Ask if your orthodontist offers a flexible interest-free payment plan.
- Child-friendly. The orthodontist can be a scary place for kids, look for an orthodontist that provides children with a fun and relaxed environment. For example, some clinics have a games room with Xbox and Play Stations.
- Cleanliness. Orthodontic surgeries should use what is known as Class B or hospital grade sterilisation procedures.
The Top Orthodontists According to You
RiotACT’s editorial team has combed through 19 years of on-site comments to compile a list of the most recommended businesses according to you.
To be listed in our Best of Canberra series, each business needs to have consistently received positive feedback on RiotACT and maintain a minimum average of 4/5 stars on both Google and Facebook reviews.
We’ve done some of our own research and come up with what we think are the top orthodontists in the Canberra region.
Orthoclinic is located in a state-of-the-art purpose-built facility in Manuka, Canberra.
You will feel instantly welcome and relaxed as soon as you enter Orthoclinic with a complimentary refreshments bar, comfortable seating for parents of patients, and a handy tooth brushing station. There is even a game/internet station for your use while you wait for your appointment.
But it’s not all about the fun, Orthoclinic also offer the very latest technology including 3D tooth modelling, the highest standard of x-ray machine that emits up to five times less radiation than standard machines and hospital grade sterilisation procedures. And to top it all off, Orthoclinic can arrange for you to pay your bill on a flexible interest-free payment plan.
Supersmile was established in 1998 by Dr Hyde who is now joined by Dr Temo and Dr McConnell. With the goal of being the friendliest, most caring and fun practice in Canberra, they offer Play Stations and Xbox, fun patient activities, dress up days and Fun Tuesdays.
All this fun plus the very latest equipment, Invisalign, plasma curing lights, fully computerised practice, mainly non-extraction treatment (80%), runs on time, coloured braces, clear braces, registered specialist orthodontists, orthodontics for adults and children and up to 24 months interest-free plans. Every patient at Supersmile is treated to the same standard that Dr Hyde would treat his own family.
Embrace Orthodontists is an award-winning practice with two locations in Manuka and Belconnen. Dr Pazios and Dr Papas have performed over one thousand Invisalign procedures, so if you’re looking for experience you will find it at Embrace. Invisalign has awarded them Black Diamond status.
Embrace put patients first, they can offer treatment from the age of 7 to adults, use the latest technology including a modern scanner that eliminates the need for impressions, and offer interest free flexible payment plans.
Who did you pick?
Thanks to our commenters who have provided insightful feedback on the best and worst Canberra Orthodontists.
If you believe we have got it wrong, please let us know.
Comment below detailing your experience with Canberra based orthodontists. Who would you recommend? Who would you use again? Who would you steer clear of?