A Chifley woman has been charged with dangerous driving, driving under the influence of drugs and driving without ever holding a license after allegedly crashing a stolen car yesterday (Monday, 20 April).
Last Wednesday (15 April) ACT Policing pulled alongside a stolen red Holden Barina in Downer and directed the female driver to pull over.
Police allege the driver instead ran a red light and drove at dangerous speeds along Phillip Avenue, Federal Highway and Northbourne Avenue towards Canberra City.
Yesterday the 26-year-old fled police on foot when approached by officers in Belconnen and drove away in the same stolen car with different number plates, running a red light and crashing into another car as she avoided officers, ACT Policing allege.
The woman was arrested in Dickson a short time later. She will face the ACT Magistrates Court today on 12 charges, including:
- Two counts of driving a motor vehicle without consent
- Two counts of unlicenced driving having never held a licence and a further count of unlicenced driving.
- Two counts of failing to stop for police
- Two counts of aggravated dangerous driving
- Drug driving
- Not giving particulars after a crash
- Number plate not properly issued.