Katy Gallagher is promising an extra $10 million for more bus services.
Simon Corbell is reported by the Canberra Times to have “scoffed” at the Liberal Steve Pratt’s suggested number of Community Fire Units. Angels on the head of a pin really. They’ll all have given up by the time the fire path has re-grown.
Jon Stanhope is banging on again about Liberal promises being unaffordable.
Weekly NewsletterEvery Thursday afternoon, we package up the most-read and trending RiotACT stories of the past seven days and deliver straight to your inbox..
Andrew Barr is courting the rev-head vote!
- A re-elected Labor Government will:
• Invest up to $3.5 million in the upgrade and refurbishment of Fairbairn Motorsport Park and its surrounds, including the possible development of Kowen Forest and the Speedway
• Invest up to $3.8 million to assist local motorsport organisations upgrade their facilities and run events
• Invest up to $500,000 in the development of a recreational off?road riding area providing off-road motorbike riders with a safe and legal place to ride and
• Invest up to $200,000 in a 5 year motorsport strategy that will provide a blueprint for promoting and growing motorsport in the ACT.
The Canberra Times reports that the Liberals calamitous attempt to poster the arterial roads of our fair city is going to cost them $20,000 if they want the posters back.
Zed’s decided to throw a $1 million bone at autism.
Zed has also announced plans for an Education Complaints Commissioner to help parents beat up under-performing schools.