Andrew Barr has announced the launch of Floriade and isn’t he looking grand there with Miss Universe Australia 2009 Rachael Finch?
Now in its 24th year, Australia’s premier spring festival Floriade is an event that delivers significant economic and cultural benefits to the Canberra community. That’s why the ACT Labor Government is proud to invest in it.
Floriade 2010 was the biggest we have seen – attracting more than 471,000 attendees and contributing around $27 million to the ACT economy.
• From the Pantry marquee – with demonstrations by local producers and food and wine experts;
• Carnival in the Park – which will see Commonwealth Park transformed into a fiesta;
• Victory Garden display – where staff from the Australian War Memorial will share the history of wartime kitchens and gardens;
• Lindeman’s Open Garden – the place to watch cooking demonstrations and sample wines at the cellar door; and
• Garnier World – where all your beauty needs are taken care of, with complimentary pamper sessions and free gifts day and night.
Floriade NightFest, will also have some new offerings in its fourth year with the stunning new light installation – Storm of the Senses. There will also be an extensive array of food, wines and markets.
There’s something for everyone at Floriade and I encourage Canberrans to check out what’s on offer and invite their friends and family from interstate.