Im going to keep this short and simple as it is quite long… and I’m not going to name them yet!
We had a jumping castle booked 4th of March for our 1 year olds birthday party and that was the week of the sever rain event here in canberra and most of NSW.
On Saturday night of the 3rd, we had around 4 inches of water in our front and back yard making it impossible to hold this activity.
We called the operator stating that we had to Cancel due to safety reasons and that it was physically impossible to have the castle erected. They said they would call me back that night. They never did.
We called again on the Monday and got the runaround then got a hold of them. They state in their T&C that if we cancel, we loose our money. However, saying that in their T&C they are to contact us in sever weather conditions. They didn’t. Even if they turned up and stated that it was unsafe to erect, they would not go ahead and no refund issued. This company never took the time to assess the situation at our place the day before nor communicate to us during the 300+ ml of rain that week.
After emails back and fwd to their offices, they will only refund a small amount of the $285.
Due to the fact that they never returned phone calls, contacted us directly to sort the matter out after the first time, they have given us a bad experience. It seems that they have rules for the ‘customer’ but won’t follow them themselves.
My major point to them was I will not have power cables running through water putting the lives of children at risk and as well as the ground like slop which could not hold a decent peg in the ground incase a strong wind came up, to which it did that day.
It seems that this company puts profit ahead of safety.