The RSPCA has emailed in the joyous news that this very day the sainted Mary Porter will be launching the 2010 Million Paws Walk.
The following details were provided:
- · RSPCA celebrates Million Paws Walk number 16 on 16 May 2010
· In 2009 more than 9,000 people and 3,500 dogs attended the event
· RSPCA ACT raised $150,000 for the event. All funds raised stay in Canberra.
· More than $1m was raised nationally last year.
· The walk commences at Stage 88 at 11.00am on the day, and proceeds clockwise around the central basin of Lake Burley Griffin.
· Walkers enjoy magnificent autumn colours and the stunning architecture of sculptures and buildings along the lake’s shore.
· The walk takes about an hour.
· Extensive afternoon entertainment is offered at stage 88 after the walk.
· You don’t need a dog to walk, simply walking and registering assists RSPCA’s efforts
· TAMS has provided up to $10,000 sponsorship for MPW in recent years
Slideshow from the launch below.