There are no new cases of COVID-19 in the ACT today (28 April), while the number of recovered patients has increased to 101, according to ACT Health.
Canberra only has two active cases and no COVID-19 patients in ACT hospitals. Three patients have died from COVID-19.
ACT Health has also ramped up and expanded its testing capabilities, recording over 8,200 negative tests as of 1:30 pm.
However, while other states have started to announce the easing of certain social distancing requirements, Chief Minister Andrew Barr says the ACT has been ahead of other jurisdictions so they are scaling back measures that were never enacted in the Territory.
Both the Chief Minister and ACT Health have warned Canberrans against complacency, saying it only takes one case to undo all the hard work 425,000 people have done so far.
“We are in a great position thanks to our physical distancing requirements and our attention to good hand and respiratory hygiene,” the Chief Health Officer Dr Kerryn Coleman said.
“Please keep this focus and do not become complacent. Remaining vigilant will help the most vulnerable members in our community.”
National Cabinet will meet again this Friday to discuss physical distancing and isolation measures, Mr Barr said. No announcements about easing restrictions are expected before then.
Three people in the ACT have died from the virus so far and no cases are under investigation.
There have been a total of 106 cases in the ACT and 101 recoveries.
The ACT Government has established a dedicated COVID-19 website for all information about the health and economic response to the pandemic in the Territory at www.covid19.act.gov.au.
Canberrans can also call through to the established helpline for assistance on the challenges of COVID-19 between 8:00 am and 8:00 pm daily on 02 6207 7244.