The first of its kind in the Canberra region, Power Kart Raceway is a fully Indoor Electric Go Kart Centre. Offering Canberrans of all skill levels a chance to experience motorsports at an entry level.
Many V8 drivers including both Robert Dahlgren and Scott McLaughlin begun their foray into racing at an early age through competitive go karting. The skills learnt on the kart track are the same needed as racers progress on to higher categories of motorsports. Now locals with a passion for motorsports have the same opportunity in new world class facilities at Power Kart Raceway.
The F1 styled track at the new centre, coupled with the high performance and torque of the latest generation of electric go karts offers an exhilarating experience. Purpose made karts for juniors and adult karts make the sport of karting accessible to the whole family. With zero emissions the karts are cleaner than traditional petrol karts and the technology allows Track Marshalls to slow karts down when necessary to avoid incidents and maintain a safe controlled racing environment.
Power Kart Raceway opened its doors to the public on May 28th 2014. The last few months have been a challenging and wonderful experience for the whole team at Power Kart Raceway. With the final touches completed, we are ready to hold our official Grand Opening.
Message from the directors: “We are proud to have established Australia’s biggest and best indoor Go Karting facility right here in Canberra. Every person has a “racer within” that shows itself when they race here at Power Kart Raceway!
While establishing a new benchmark in recreational karting in Australia, Power Kart Raceway also addresses many traditional “issues” commonly associated with traditional karting. Clean initiatives such as electric power, lower noise levels, clean indoor environment. We are also proud to have provided new employment opportunities for over 50 local Canberrans”.
Chief Minister Ms Katy Gallagher will be present on the day for our unveiling ceremony, as well as Volvo V8 Supercar young guns Scott McLaughlin and Robert Dahlgren who will be doing a meet and greet with the public and showcasing their skills on the track.
When: Saturday, 6th September, 2014
- 9am-3pm – Events will be running throughout the day
- 11.45am – Official unveiling with Chief Minister Ms Katy Gallagher
- 11am- 2pm – Meet V8 Supercar Scott McLaughlin and Robert Dahlgren
- Power Kart Raceways Grand Opening officiated by Chief Minister Katy Gallagher
- V8 supercar racers Scott McLaughlin and Robert Dahlgren will be holding a meet and greet session with the public as well as showing off their skills on the Go Kart track
- Local Car Clubs will be present showing off their pride and joys. Trial Motorbike spectacle as well as show bags, jumping castle and face painting for the children
- Charity BBQ and events for local charity Marymead
- Discounted Go Kart races for the public throughout the day
- Power Kart Raceway. 125 Canberra Ave, Griffith ACT 2603
About Power Kart Raceway
Power Kart Raceway is one of Canberra’s newest local businesses. We are an Indoor Electric Go Kart Centre, with a Café and Amusement Arcade we are aspiring to further indoor entertainment attractions within the centre. We are situated five minutes from the Parliamentary Triangle, which makes us an attractive venue for both tourists and locals alike. Our new fully furnished Corporate Room overlooks the track and offers a perfect environment to hold boardroom meetings and business team building events.
To learn more visit www.powerkarts.com.au, or call us at 02 6239 5599
(Power Kart Raceway Media Release)