Canberra-based arts and music mag TUNDRA is set to present a bill of its favourite local bands at The Basement on Thursday. Psych-punks Slow Dial will be joined by art rock four-piece Paint Store and Undine Records singer-songwriter Yasmine Hosseini.
Speaking of Undine Records, their residency at Downer’s Gang Gang Cafe continues this week with an intimate, fairy-lit affair featuring Flik and Steve Read. Tickets for these are strictly limited, so get in quick to avoid having to stand outside watching longingly through the cafe windows.
Beloved Sydney punk outfit and self-proclaimed “shittest band in the world” SCABZ make their annual pilgrimage to the nation’s capital this weekend for their SCABARET album launch show in the cavernous Fiction Club. Supported by Charlotte and the Harlots, this is a chance to see one of the country’s most formidable bands outside their natural habitat.
Shoeb Ahmad is also celebrating a release this weekend, with A Body Full Of Tear’s Afternoon Tea set to take over sideway on Sunday afternoon to pay tribute to the record of the same name. Expect a host of local acts to share words and stories about their craft as well as LP sales and a DJ curated and spun by Shoeb.
- Viktor Rufus: Lunchbox Acoustic @ City Walk – 12:00 pm
- Wednesday Lunchtime Concert @ Wesley Music Centre – 12:40 pm
- Old Timey Wednesday @ Smith’s Alternative – 4:00 pm
- Live Jazz @ Molly – 6:00 pm
- Karaoke Night @ 88mph – 8:00 pm
- Lying Cheating Bastards @ Hippo Co – 8:00 pm.
- Senior Sounds in the Village @ Dickson Library Courtyard – 10:00 am
- Sally Marret Trio @ National Press Club – 6:00 pm
- Mitch Canas @ Magoo’s Cafe & Bar – 6:00 pm
- UC M.U.S.I.C. Performance Night @ The Basement – 6:00 pm
- TUNDRA pres. Slow Dial, Paint Store, Yasmine Hosseini @ sideway – 7:30 pm
- Julian James – The Keller Sessions @ Harmonie German Club – 7:30 pm
- Molly House Band @ Molly – 9:30 pm.
- The Smorgasbroads: Lunchbox Acoustic @ Garema Place – 12:00 pm
- Live Music @ Hopscotch – 4:00 pm
- Live Music @ The Pedlar – 4:00 pm
- Acoustic Fridays @ Hotel Kurrajong – 4:30 pm
- Live Music @ Public Manuka – 5:00 pm
- ACT Organ School Student Concert @ Wesley Music Centre – 5:30 pm
- Acoustic Yak @ Magoo’s Cafe & Bar – 6:00 pm
- Jess High @ National Press Club – 6:00 pm
- Belco Blitz @ The Basement – 7:00 pm
- Dancing In The Shadows of Motown @ Harmonie German Club – 7:30 pm
- Mal Osbourne and the Blazing Roots Band @ Austrian Australian Club – 7:30 pm
- Live Music @ The Lighthouse Pub – 9:00 pm
- FEEL ft Tigerlily @ Fiction – 9:00 pm.
- Dickson Sounds in the Village @ Dickson Library Courtyard – 11:00 am
- Live Music @ Hopscotch – 3:00 pm
- Julius Dator @ Magoo’s Cafe & Bar – 6:00 pm
- SCABARET ft Charlotte & The Harlots @ Fiction Club – 6:00 pm
- Live Music @ Public Manuka – 6:30 pm
- John Floreani – We Need To Talk Tour @ The Basement – 7:00 pm
- Undine Records Residency: Flik, Steve Read@ Gang Gang Cafe – 7:00 pm
- Drag Cabaret @ Smith’s Alternative – 9:00 pm
- Live Music @ Lighthouse Pub – 9:00 pm.
- Monica Moore Duo @ Magoo’s Cafe & Bar – 2:00 pm
- A Body Full Of Tear’s Afternoon Tea @ sideway – 2:00 pm
- Finding Your Voice 3 @ Smith’s Alternative – 3:00 pm
- A Ceremony of Carols @ Wesley Music Centre – 4:00 pm
- Cathy Diver @ Old Canberra Inn – 6:00 pm
- Sunday Session @ Molly – 8:00 pm.
- Lunchbox Acoustic @ City Walk – 12:00 pm.