Suffering from aches and pains? Looking for a little rest and relaxation? On the hunt for the ultimate self-indulgence? Sounds like you need a really good massage.
Massage therapy works to relieve tension and discomfort in the body while promoting a sense of calm. While some get massages to unwind, others use massage therapy to alleviate discomfort and pain. Either way, it’s essential to find a reliable, effective and compassionate massage therapist in the Queanbeyan region.
To help you on your search, we spoke with the locals and conducted our own research. Using the information we gathered, we put together this list of the top three massages in Queanbeyan and surrounding areas.
Ready to jump right into it? Fantastic.
What makes an excellent massage?
Your massage experience should be relaxing and enjoyable — not awkward and uncomfortable. To help you avoid a less-than-ideal situation, keep an eye out for the following crucial traits:
- Years of experience. The best massage therapists have years of industry experience, meaning they know exactly how to help you overcome pain, release tension and fall blissfully into a state of rest.
- Personalised treatment. Whether you have tight shoulders or a pulled hamstring, your massage therapist should be able to personalise their service to suit your needs.
- Clean and comfortable environment. Hygiene is critical. You should expect a high standard of cleanliness of the therapy room and spa/salon as a whole. If you notice grubby surfaces and strange towels piled in the corner, it might be wise to apologise and head out the door.
- Friendly staff. Having a massage should be an enjoyable experience of self-indulgence. Rude, unfriendly staff can completely ruin it for you.
- Well-priced. No one likes being ripped off. A spa or salon should charge a fair rate for their services.
Agree with our list? What else would you add?
The top massages in Queanbeyan according to you
RiotACT’s editorial team has combed through 19 years of on-site comments to compile a list of the most recommended businesses according to you.
To be listed in our Best of Canberra series, each business needs to have consistently received positive feedback on RiotACT and Facebook as well as maintaining a minimum average of 4/5 stars on Google.
It’s time to reveal which massage experts in the Queanbeyan region are preferred by the locals.
Araya Thai Massage & Spa is a modern Thai spa that combines the best Western techniques with the soothing stretching and deep body pressure of Thai massage. The experienced team behind Araya Thai Massage & Spa are dedicated to their clients’ experience and are ready to go above and beyond to help you find your bliss.
Salaa Siam Therapeutic Massage is a place of rest and relaxation. Their dedicated team of massage professionals provide excellent, calming, tension-relieving massaged in a quiet, tranquil setting. All services are personalised based on the client’s needs, so don’t hesitate to contact Salaa Siam Therapeutic Massage to see how their touch therapists can assist you.
Looking for a massage experience unlike any other? Give White Cloud Ka Huna Massage a try. The staff specialise in Kahuna massage (carried out on a table) and Polynesian bodywork (carried out on the floor). The massage is unique and effective, relieving tension and reducing discomfort.
Who did you pick?
Thanks to our commenters who have provided insightful feedback, if you believe we have got it wrong, please let us know.
Did we get our list right? Or did we miss your go-to therapist? Share your thoughts and feedback in the comments area below.