Whether you are a seasoned athlete, gym junkie, or fitness newbie, investing in a top-quality sports massage can help boost your performance, reduce recovery time, and heal and prevent injuries. Combining the best of deep tissue remedial and relaxation massage techniques, sports massages can be completely game-changing.
If you are looking for the best sports massage in the Canberra area, you’ve landed in the right place. After consulting the locals, we’ve come up with a list of the top three specialist therapists in the region.
Get ready to up your game and feel your best – both on and off the track, field, or treadmill. Let’s get right into it.
What makes a great sports massage therapist?
Not sure what to look for in your search for the best sports massage in Canberra? No worries. Start by keeping an eye out for the following must-have traits:
- A personalised service. People get sports massages for a whole host of reasons: to heal injuries, to prepare for a big sporting event, to improve their performance in the gym, and more. Your therapist should create a personalised action plan designed to help you achieve your specific goals.
- Effective, long-lasting results. Unlike traditional massages that relax the body and mind, sports massages aim to enhance performance. With regular appointments, you should begin to reap the rewards of your investment.
- Experienced therapists. Experienced sports massage therapists have seen it all before. They know precisely how to help you achieve optimal results.
- Well priced. No one likes overpaying for a service – and sports massages are no different. If budget is a concern, it’s worth investigating if your treatments are covered by your health insurance provider.
- Conveniently located. If you do intend to visit a sports massage therapist on a regular basis, look for a clinic that’s conveniently located, whether it is easily accessible from your home or workplace.
Would you add anything else to this list? Let us know below.
The best sports massages in Canberra
RiotACT’s editorial team has combed through 20 years of on-site comments to compile a list of the most recommended businesses according to you.
To be listed in our Best of Canberra series, each business needs to have consistently received positive feedback on RiotACT and Facebook as well as maintaining a minimum average of 4/5 stars on Google.
After chatting to the locals, the following sports massage therapists in Canberra came out on top. Let’s introduce them now.
The experienced team behind Canberra Sports Physiotherapy and Rehabilitation draw on more than 25 years of sports rehabilitation experience to deliver some of the most effective massages in the region. They treat all kinds of musculoskeletal conditions and use HICAPS to allow for direct billing to most private health funds.
Therapy Masters began back in December of 1997 as a home-based clinic. Today, they boast a state-of-the-art commercial premises in the heart of Canberra’s city centre. Home to two highly experienced sports massage therapists, Therapy Masters deliver client-tailored treatment plans that focus on achieving real, long-lasting results.
The therapists at Sport and Spinal Physiotherapy assist the Canberra community with a diverse range of injuries and disorders. Before you begin your massage treatment, your therapist will give you a comprehensive assessment. After a diagnosis is made, they will devise an individualised plan that will ensure you reach your goal as soon as possible, whatever that might be.
Your experience with sports massage therapists in Canberra
Thanks to our commenters who have provided insightful feedback, if you believe we have got it wrong, please let us know.
Do you get regular sports massages? Has it improved your performance, helped heal an injury, or reduced recovery time? Share your experience in the comments area below for our readers to check out.